HPDE CRX Build

audiobuffru12

Hello Guys ,Been awhile since my last post of my CRX, Well over the past several months I have been working on it , From New Axles,Gaskets,Energy SuspensionBushings,Coolant System,Suspension and Brakes.

CRXSTAGE2004.jpg

CRXSTAGE2007.jpg

Edited by Guest

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• audiobuffru12

• OHIO4DRTEG

• mwfaith1971

• Calif_Kid

Thansks to Ron @ Discovery Air ducts work great

CRXSTAGE2009.jpg

Brembo Brake Pads/shoes all the way around changed Brake Fluid to ATE Super Blue

CRXSTAGE2006.jpg

Thanks to Summit Racing for carring the product I needed to put it all back together with

CRXSTAGE2003.jpg

Edited by Guest

Here is how she sits so far , still have to Upgrade rear sway bar ,Added C-pillar, Upperand Lower Strut supports

CRXSTAGE2005.jpg

CRXSTAGE2001.jpg

Coolant system has been changed over to Red Line Water wetter with several new Hoses and flush, Lucas Oil attiditive has been added to manual tranny oil, and engine as well , new oil change with Either Royal Purple or Amoil .

So far on Track she handles well , Was at SCCA and Skip Barber Track Days at Road Atlanta ,Also attend any other event Road Atalnta has with Track tour and Track Days ,So with Said I Can't wait to get it on Track wIth NASA in December

Edited by Guest

Q for you guy's. How are the FWD's for racing, handling etc> I'm coming from Australia, racing RWD's.

Matt

Very different, but very similar. You can set up a fwd to handle like a rwd (as in oversteer), but the main difference is when you hit the throttle. In fwd, it tends to understeer.

Q for you guy's. How are the FWD's for racing, handling etc> I'm coming from Australia, racing RWD's.

Matt

Very different, but very similar. You can set up a fwd to handle like a rwd (as in oversteer), but the main difference is when you hit the throttle. In fwd, it tends to understeer.

And possibly torque steer, which I've experienced with road cars but not racing them.

Matt

I run a 93 integra and love it. Like stated before you can set them up the handle like a rwd but my suggestion is to leave the setup more like fwd to try it and see what you think

Thank you both. I'm trying to decide what to actually run. MX-5, RX-7, BMW 3 series 6 cyl or a Honda/Acura of some description. This would be a dedicated vehicle not a DD.

Matt

Well, after seeing your photo's, looks like a Honda will probably be getting the nod. Either a CRX, Civic 3 door hatch or a Prelude.

Matt

Well, after seeing your photo's, looks like a Honda will probably be getting the nod. Either a CRX, Civic 3 door hatch or a Prelude.

Matt

You can't go wrong with a Honda they are good cars and there is usually a ton of parts around. I miss my CRX's great cars.

they're light and will get through the middle of a corner well, its getting in and off that's interesting with FWD no matter how it's setup.

Also Tahnks Scott@ Firestone for some support , and a Big Thanks to Jim Pantas for selling me some Rims so I can get started.

Lil Elbow grease they almost look like new

crx3003.jpg

Newly Purchased Firehawk GT 195/60R-14

crx3004.jpg

Edited by Guest

Looking good!! Do you have a fuel cell or are you running the original tank? If it's a fuel cell, how have you got it separated from the cabin?

Matt

Acura/Honda Hatch Models are great ,they has tire storage area you can convert to house your cool siute unit and fire bottle system (future location for mine)

• 2 weeks later...

Goodies arrive from SUMMIT RACING ST Sway bar for rear .

Out with the Old

crxshoes003.jpg

crxshoes002.jpg

Took the day off to do some much needed work to CRX ,added new shoes .Sexy aren't they

crxshoes004.jpg