2001 corvette

rbrumm

This my not be the correct forum to ask but what the heck... I found a 2001 corvette that I may purchase convertable, all required services, all receipts, all stock real clean the only issue I have is the milage 89,000 owner is saying its all commute miles but mile are miles, the asking price is below KBB anyone have any toughts on a vett with that many miles

Thanks

Rick

I bought my '99 Corvette sight unseen with 134,000 miles out of Texas and converted it into a track only race car.

I've been flogging the crap out of it for nearly 2 years now and it's still going strong.

I bought my Z06 with 119k miles on it... been running TT with it for a year now and going to comp school in October. Car has over 121k on it (so the last 2k have been all track miles) and it still makes 360 rwhp.

The powertrains in these cars are quite robust. It's the little crap on the inside that can start to mess up with miles. I've owned 4 C5s... if you've never owned one might be best to take someone who knows the cars with you to check for all the common annoyances.

You could find someone in your area on www.corvetteforum.com if you don't know anyone.

~Brian