Rules clarification - Chassis Stiffening Devices - Rule F.4

miatagrin

I'm looking at adding a lower rear chassis brace to a Miata. Section F (Brakes/Chassis), Rule F.4 of the TT Classification seems to indicate that this modification is +3 points to add a brace with greater than two attachment points. The overall rule states "Add or modify other chassis stiffening devices ...". If I add a brace with two connection points, do I need to take +3 TT points? Thanks.

It would need to meet free mods F-8, 9 or 10 to be points free based on what I understand, otherwise take the points (and make the points worth it) or don't run the part

Your 1991 Miata is on the same line (Miata 1.6 liter) as the 1993 Miata. So, if I'm not mistaken, you may update to the rear subframe from a 1993 that allows the use of the OEM rear, lower cross brace. It attaches at two points to welded tabs on the subframe. If this is valid, that's 0 points for a slight improvement in rigidity for a small increase in weight.