Coil Overs on ST-1 or ST-2 entries?

bullfrog racing

Having sold my prize 1965 Corvette ST-1 entry, I am considering my next purchase. I have a question as to wether a ST-1 or ST-2 entry is allowed to use coil over shock/spring set up in place of original design on a C4 Corvette? An available race prepared Corvette has this set up, but has never been critiqued for a log book from any organization. I am not interested in running ST-U with this type of car. Maybe a closer examination of the CCR would clarify, but initial reading left to ask the question.

The suspension is pretty much free in ST as long as you don't modify the floorpan for mounting. I would think the coil-overs on the C4 would use the same mount points as the stock shocks, if that's the case it will be fine. You should look the ST rules over and make sure you don't have a problem with any of the rules there. For the most part you can't modify the floorpan, there are a few restictions on aero and you basically have to stay within your power to weight ratio 8.7 corrected for ST-2 and 5.5 corrected for ST-1.