Nationals Video Thread

drivinhardz06

Here's Group D championship race video in 2 parts. It's from the POV of the 3 PTA C5 cars, 5 cameras among them. We were the 3rd group split to take the green.

The cameras are all synced up and I tried to show each camera that had the most stuff going on in front of that lens at the time. Being semi dry, semi wet, and full wet in various (and changing!) places, it was a pretty wild 40 mins.

Part 1

http://vimeo.com/30027479

Part 2

Edited by Guest

Great recovery and even greater racing. Very inspiring, I hope you feel as good about your race as I do just watching it.....

What tires were you guys running and what was Oli running?....

Sunday's PTD Championship Race*:

*Warning: contains my standard mishaps... Impressively the car suffered no damage "until" I backed off the trailer last night and the extra 2x6 ramp slipped and I caught the bumper on the metal ramp and it pulled apart the zip-ties holding it on

Mark I hope you get your video done soon. base on what I saw already it should be great fun to watch. Congratulations again on your top three finish.

Jason enjoyed your race as well. Your ending gave me my first laugh of the day. Congratulations.

Here's my fastest lap ever at Mid Ohio, a 1:39.6 in the PTD champ race. Full race vids coming later this week... Ron, you need to turn the camera on when you are loading/unloading your car, that would be even more entertaining than your race videos!

I forgot to tell you... When I was moving it after the wreck in August, the wheels weren't straight and I... ah hell, nevermind, use your imagination.

Was spotting for the 38 car at turn 1. At 12:23 in this video there was 4-5' of air under all 4 tires of the 272 car....no exaggeration...

Was spotting for the 38 car at turn 1. At 12:23 in this video there was 4-5' of air under all 4 tires of the 272 car....no exaggeration...

We're there to put on a show, right? The second launch is what scared me. When the back kicked up like that I really thought I was in trouble. I was hoping Speedcast picked it up.

Can I get a judge's score deducted from my time?

Wasn't my fastest lap but only took video one session because of the probs we were having with the car and spent a lot of time in Tech (passed all seven times!).

At the beginning of the second lap the starter totally dies and is engaged. You can hear the motor being pulled down due to the starter load in the carousel and keyhole.

The car needs some work for next yr but overall a great event!

Ours was loose all week and we never got it to stick, no matter which line we took.

Joe - this was earlier in the event (Friday 1st session) before you guys got a better handle on things. Great car and once you get the handling sorted out for Mid-OH it's going to fly!

Up above was the 1st session on Sunday. Below is our second and final session, on fresh hoosiers. We've never had the car run this badly. But with the rained out practice and missing all 3 runs on Saturday on a mechanical, I can't complain.

I do want to say I had the best time with the Great Lakes folks. I almost felt like I was back home, minus the bad accents. Can't wait for next time.

PTE championship race

missed thursday due to mechanicals, ran friday down 35 whp, finally got car fixed for sunday, started at end of pack, finished 5th