Texas places 5th in first Championships!

Al F.

• Members

Texas driver Phil Fromme placed an outstanding fifth overall and ran as high as third in a partly rainy Championship race this past Sunday. This is the first time the new-to-944 Texas region has been represented in the NASA Championships and Phil's performance proved Texas breeds champions.

"The on and off rain all week really hurt" commented Phil "since I've never been to this track before. If it'd been dry I would've whooped these guys!"

National Director Eric Khuns had this to say "I barely held Phil off at Hallett, and I barely held him off here. That rain saved my bacon! I'm a little nervous about what's its going to be like once those Texas boys dont have to learn the track because they've been there before."

Tyler Palmer, the 2011 944 Spec Champ commented "I kept looking in my mirror because I knew Phil would be coming...almost made a mistake once or twice I was looking back there so much!"

With the 2012 Championships also being held at Mid-Ohio, its a safe bet that Texas will take the top honors next year.

• Members

In all seriousness...congrats to everyone that participated at the championship weekend and in particular to our podium. I was RD for Group A so I didnt get much of a chance to hang out with the 944 group, but I did manage to watch the whole final and it was a tremendous race.