Any issue doing comp school on old scrubs?

Cobra4B

No need to post record lap times in comp school right? I have one set of sticker A6s left before I have to pay for some tires and want those to get me through racing for the weekend at VIR. Was planning on running comp school on older R6 scrubs that I have, but wanted to make sure it was OK.

Thanks,

Brian

Should be fine unless you want to win the Comp school trophy

I do... it would be a good addition to my wall of HPDE trophies and morning race to work trophies.

so long as the car is easily controllable on old scrubs you'll be fine

I only note this because my car as it gets on high heat cycle count tires tends to get overly loose, even by my standards. I wouldn't have wanted to do CS on 20-25+ cycle stuff as loose as it is and get failed for a spin or 4-off (or worse) because of the tires

so long as the car is easily controllable on old scrubs you'll be fine

I only note this because my car as it gets on high heat cycle count tires tends to get overly loose, even by my standards. I wouldn't have wanted to do CS on 20-25+ cycle stuff as loose as it is and get failed for a spin or 4-off (or worse) because of the tires

That's kind of what I was getting at. The tires I want to use have about 15 heat cycles and they're R6s so they should be fine.

I did comp school on a set of scrubs that were older than Falcon.

Seriously though, they were really really old, hard as a rock and cording on the shoulders. You'd have to be crazy to do comp school on a set of sticker A's.

Seriously though, they were really really old, hard as a rock and cording on the shoulders. You'd have to be crazy to do comp school on a set of sticker A's.

Uh...like anyone is gonna take any advice from you. Who do you think you are, some kind of National Champion? Oh wait....

Yeah it's the used R6s or sticker As and I'm not using sticker As for comp school

Old and busted is the way to go.

I dont see any rule against using streets is there? I was just going to use a set of new RS3s for comp school. Probably just as much grip as an old hoosier....

Your car need not be legal for any NASA racing class (though SU will cover just about anything) - just needs to pass safety inspection afaik. Streets could be an option, again, so long as you can easily control the car on them. I imagine that Z06 torque could be interesting on a crappy enough street tire

Old and busted is the way to go.

I dont see any rule against using streets is there? I was just going to use a set of new RS3s for comp school. Probably just as much grip as an old hoosier....

Street tires? Sweet... one more who won't challenge me for the Comp School trophy!

Your car need not be legal for any NASA racing class (though SU will cover just about anything) - just needs to pass safety inspection afaik. Streets could be an option, again, so long as you can easily control the car on them. I imagine that Z06 torque could be interesting on a crappy enough street tire

Yes... worn out 255s Ho-hos and 360 rwtq in a 2800lb car can get squirrelly.... but I've been driving one of these things for a long time... I got it