TurboShortBus

Sebring Time Trial entry list for October 1-2, 2011

TurboShortBus

Now that the National Championships are out of the way, we can get back to focusing on regional competition and round 2 at Sebring!

This is a preliminary, unofficial list of drivers and cars who have registered for the TT classes for the upcoming event at Sebring International Raceway on October 1-2, 2011. If you haven't yet, be sure to register soon to avoid late registration fees.

Please note that I need to receive your 2011 TT classification forms no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 in order for you to be placed in your proper class. Otherwise, you will be classed in TTR.

Drivers who need to submit TT classification forms, etc. or else they will be classed in TTR are as follows:

None at this time.

Also, I would like to thank our 2011 TT awards sponsor, Flat6 Motorworks, for their continued support! Their website is: http://www.FLAT6motorworks.com

header.jpg

SATURDAY, October 1

TTR

1. John Carter (#35 1999 Mazda Miata) Late registration and no classification forms submitted

2. Edgar Maldonado (#1X 2011 Thunder Roadster)

3. Eric Schmidt (#82X 2008 Thunder Roadster)

4. Alejandro Tapia (#395X 2008 Thunder Roadster) Saturday will be his provisional day in TT

TTA

1. Eric Armstrong (#32X 2004 Porsche Boxster)

2. Jimmy Platis (#32X 2006 Mitsubishi Evo)

3. Derik Royal (#27X 2005 Porsche 911)

TTC

1. Chi Ho (#109 2005 Honda S2000)

2. Peter Lier (#61 1995 BMW M3)

3. Jeff McElyea (#62 1994 Pontiac Trans Am)

4. Ian Stewart (#611 1995 BMW M3) See classification forms for Peter Lier's TTC BMW M3

5. Charles Vedral (#188 2004 Honda S2000)

TTD

1. Joshua Feingold (#76X 1993 Mazda Miata)

2. George Johnston (#656X 2004 Mazda Miata Mazdaspeed)

3. Victor Leo (#00X 1993 Mazda Miata) See classification forms for Joshua Feingold's TTD Miata

4. Carmine Pace (#03 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra)

5. Bob Van Epps (#8X 1997 BMW M3)

TTE

1. Steve Dewey (#135X 1995 BMW 318Ti)

2. Jared McGillicuddy (#46X 1999 Mazda Miata)

TTF

1. Josh Smith (#146 1990 Toyota Celica ST)

SUNDAY, October 2

TTR

1. John Carter (#35 1999 Mazda Miata)

2. Edgar Maldonado (#1X 2011 Thunder Roadster)

3. Eric Schmidt (#82X 2008 Thunder Roadster)

4. Alejandro Tapia (#395X 2008 Thunder Roadster)

TTU

1. Bruce Bartos (#007X 2011 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1) Sunday will be his provisional day in TT

TTA

1. Jimmy Platis (#32X 2006 Mitsubishi Evo)

2. Derik Royal (#27X 2005 Porsche 911)

TTB

1. Eric Armstrong (#32X 2004 Porsche Boxster)

2. Rokket Horton (#13 1989 Porsche 944 Turbo S) Sunday will be his provisional day in TT, pending a "clean" day in HPDE-4 on Saturday

TTC

1. Chi Ho (#109 2005 Honda S2000)

2. Peter Lier (#61 1995 BMW M3)

3. Jeff McElyea (#62 1994 Pontiac Trans Am)

4. Ian Stewart (#611 1995 BMW M3) See classification forms for Peter Lier's TTC BMW M3

5. Charles Vedral (#188 2004 Honda S2000)

TTD

1. Joshua Feingold (#76X 1993 Mazda Miata)

2. Victor Leo (#00X 1993 Mazda Miata) See classification forms for Joshua Feingold's TTD Miata

3. Carmine Pace (#03 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra)

4. Bob Van Epps (#8X 1997 BMW M3)

TTE

1. Steve Dewey (#135X 1995 BMW 318Ti)

2. Jared McGillicuddy (#46X 1999 Mazda Miata)

TTF

1. Josh Smith (#146 1990 Toyota Celica ST)

Drivers, please check the information above to make sure that it is accurate.

See you there!

Mark

TurboShortBus

Note that at least 1 rental transponder is available for Time Trial FNGs or HPDE-4 drivers who are curious (as opposed to bi-curious). Contact me for further information (about transponders, not if you are bi-curious, although I could hook you up with some people). It is direct-wire, so very easy wiring is needed (and can be supplied).

Mark

BlkGt3

Jeff is back in TTB. Did we run him off after just 1 time in TTC.

Peter

TurboShortBus

Peter

Fixed it.

Mark

Jeff9962

Thanks for watching out for me Peter, I'm sure your motivations were pure. I picked up my TTC stickers yesterday and my replacement NACA brake duct will be here tomorrow to replace the one I shreaded loading up at the Sebring SCCA PDX. Looking forward to getting back out there with everyone again.

I have a NASA sticker each side of the car, do I need one front and rear?

TurboShortBus
I have a NASA sticker each side of the car, do I need one front and rear?

Yes, you need them on the front and rear as well. I think Barbara will have them at registration for a couple of bucks each.

Mark

BlkGt3

Looks like I might have a ringer co-driver in the M3, need to see what the car will do and see how big a set of Cahones I need to grow

Peter

Jeff9962
Looks like I might have a ringer co-driver in the M3

Gee, I wonder who that could be.

TurboShortBus

That Boss 302 needs to make an appearance.

Mark

Balroks

Mark

What's it fall under?

TurboShortBus
What's it fall under?

Ford Mustang Boss 302 ('12)---TTA* 3630 lbs

Mark

Balroks

Ouch. Better off with a regular stang it seems.

BlkGt3

Mark

Gotta get it 1st I think it is TTA*. Pretty heavy pig

Peter

Balroks

What's the thing made of? Unobtanium?

BlkGt3

American Heavy Iron with the emphasis on Heavy

Peter

TurboShortBus

Lots of steel and a sprinkling of aluminum.

Based on its weight/power ratio, there's no way it could run in anything less than TTA. It's in the neighborhood of 8.7:1 from the factory.

Mark

TurboShortBus

A driver has been added to the TTR "red list." Provided he has a clean day in HPDE-4 on Saturday and I receive his forms next week, he should be in TTB on Sunday.

Mark

Joshua

Victor will be running in TTD both days too, so watch out Mr. Sebring TTD record holder . He'll be in my car, #00, his transponder, and Barbara has been notified.

Also, according to Barbara's entry list, Ian will be back in TTC running Peter's car.

TurboShortBus
Victor will be running in TTD both days too, so watch out Mr. Sebring TTD record holder . He'll be in my car, #00, his transponder, and Barbara has been notified.
I suspected that this would be the case. My TTD record is weak by a good 2 seconds, anyway.

Also, according to Barbara's entry list, Ian will be back in TTC running Peter's car.
I was already aware that this was going to happen; just "waiting for the check to clear," so to speak.

Mark

TurboShortBus

TTC and TTD have been updated.

There are still 3 drivers on the TTR "red list" who need to send their classification forms to me no later than 5:00 pm on Wednesday, or else they will be classed in TTR. I just sent reminder emails to them. Let's get those forms in, guys.

Mark

TurboShortBus

Note that impound procedures for all TT and HPDE-4 cars will be in place after every track session, as we have done at the last few events.

In impound, brief car inspections and the drivers' meetings/discussions will take place. The entire process takes approximately 10-15 minutes.

After each session, you will drive straight to the impound area from the hot pits, no matter if you come off the track after 1 lap or at the end of the session. If you do not immediately report to impound after a session, then your times for that session will be DQed. If you have another obligation, then you can leave your car in impound and attend to your obligation.

At this time, impound at Sebring will be located along the inside of the backstretch wall; when you turn right to exit the hot pits, drive straight back until you are against the concrete wall. The location is subject to change, and will be finalized at the drivers' meeting on Saturday and Sunday mornings (so it is important that you attend and pay attention).

See you there!

Mark

TurboShortBus

Ah, damn, TTU has been updated; Harry's out. I thought they sold Chevy rebuild kits at 7-11s, but I guess all the stores in his area are out of stock.

Mark

Mrsideways

TTD won't be safe for long at sebring. I'm actively looking for a swedish boost buggy that my math says will current C times in D trim.... Problem is I think they made like 2 of em and both the owners want triple what they are actually worth so I won't likely happen.

I also think the car would suck anywhere else except maybe road america and daytona.

TurboShortBus
TTD won't be safe for long at sebring. I'm actively looking for a swedish boost buggy that my math says will current C times in D trim.... Problem is I think they made like 2 of em and both the owners want triple what they are actually worth so I won't likely happen.

OK then, so what you're saying is that TTD actually will be safe from your turbo Volvo because it is unobtainium. Got it! lol

Mark