Ivan Orisek

International Rally New York 2005 - Event Information

Ivan Orisek

INTERNATIONAL RALLY NEW YORK 2005

September 29 – October 1, 2005

Sullivan County, New York

Event Information

Tel. (845)794-4096

The International Rally New York 2005 will take place on September 29 through October 1, 2005. Registration of competitors will start in the evening on Wednesday, September 28 and will continue until the evening on Friday, September 30.

Technical inspection of competition vehicles and reconnaissance will be conducted the whole day on Thursday and until noon on Friday. Competitors will receive numerical stage notes at no additional charge together with a tulip route book. Pace notes are allowed.

The plans are to have a Ceremonial Start in Manhattan at noon on Friday. The application for a New York City permit is pending. All special stages will be located in spectacular Sullivan County, New York in the southern Catskill Mountains in an area only 90 miles northwest of New York City.

There will be approximately 100 miles of special stages that will include all the stages used by Rally New York 2005 in April. In addition, there will be new gravel and tarmac stages.

The Friday portion of the event on Friday afternoon and evening will be on tarmac. There will be an overnight Parc Ferme in Tusten on Friday and a Parc Expose and a Ceremonial Restart in Narrowsburg on Saturday morning. Gravel special stages will be used all day on Saturday. The event will end with a Podium Finish in front of the Government Center In Monticello, New York. A single Central Service Area for the event will be located in Narrowsburg.

The International Rally New York 2005 is part of the United States Rally Championship. It is a FIA internationally listed event that is jointly sanctioned by NASA and USAC.

Thank you Red Bull for giving us the energy to make this happen

We Love New York

Edited by Guest

Anders Green
The plans are to have a Ceremonial Start in Manhattan at noon on Friday.

Wow, that sounds pretty cool!

Anders

don kennedy

Wow, that sounds pretty cool!

Anders

How do you know? You weren't there to hear it yet

Old Colt

Wow Ivan, I can't wait to see the route you use in the early parts of Fridays stages, I sure hope it is not all transits coming up from the city. You must have spent an awful lot of time in city council meetings for this one.

w1jim

Hmmm, how about a tarmac stage from exit 131 to exit 104 on NY Route 17? Friday just before sundown; see if they can keep up with traffic!:roll:

Jim Blumenfeld

IHBObry
Hmmm, how about a tarmac stage from exit 131 to exit 104 on NY Route 17? Friday just before sundown; see if they can keep up with traffic!:roll:

Jim Blumenfeld

It is obvious you've never driven in Sullivan county before the sabbath. You might just get run over by a Ford Torino woody wagon filled with diamond merchants at that time of day.

Bernie

w1jim

I guess I was a little soft on the sarcasm; I was referring to the rally cars keeping up with the weekend crowd,. I lived in Monticello through my "formitive" years (until I moved to Boston). And I used to drive my Dad to NYC Monday AM (before school) and then picked him up (Friday PM). (Oye vey).

Jim Blumenfeld

talon 763

Any word on the permit? So will we be starting in Manhattan?

bjorn240

Ivan,

Will there be sufficient time between the gravel and tarmac stages to change dampers and springs? That is, are you setting up a leg break between the two surfaces?

Thanks,

- Christian

Ivan Orisek
Any word on the permit? So will we be starting in Manhattan?

Still in the works. NYC has been sitting on our official application

since May 8.

The application is for a permit to have the Ceremonial Start

at the waterfront promenade in Manhattan Battery Park

on Friday at noon.

If the permit is not obtained, the Ceremonial Start will take place

before the start of the first Super Special at Monticello Raceway

at approximately 2:00 PM on Friday.

Ivan Orisek

Ivan Orisek
Ivan,

Will there be sufficient time between the gravel and tarmac stages to change dampers and springs? That is, are you setting up a leg break between the two surfaces?

Thanks,

- Christian

There will be approximately 110 stage miles that will include 50 miles of tarmac (46 percent).

The tarmac portion will start on Saturday at noon.

There will be 30 minute service to change tires and make minor

adjustments. There will be no extended "leg break".

In truth, we do not want you to rebuild the car from gravel to tarmac within the rally at this time.

The 2006 International Rally New York will be an all-tarmac event,

about three weeks after the all-tarmac Rally Tennessee, both likely

included in the United States Rally Championship. You can bring a tarmac car next year if you wish.

Ivan Orisek

Ivan Orisek

Notice there have been changes since our first announcement

in April as we react to changing conditions, constraints and

opportunities under which we have to operate.

Ivan Orisek

Walter Clark

IVan,

The last couple replies look somewhat different than the original announcement plans. Are you still thinking there will be 2 separate regional (ESRC) events within the larger event with one being all gravel?

Thanks,

Walter

Ivan Orisek

Walter,

The changes you mention result from two facts: We are continually

working to make the event better and must observe the limitations

imposed on us. These changes include:

- The new Might M Gaming Super Special at Monticello Raceway

to be run five times.

- 110 stage miles instead of 100 stage miles.

- We cannot use the tarmac stages on Friday. Consequently, gravel

stages will be run on Friday afternoon/evening and on Saturday morning.

Tarmac will start on Saturday at noon.

- We will have a greater proportion tarmac, 50 stage miles (46 percent),

as we are preparing for the next year when our spring event will be

all gravel and the fall event will be all tarmac.

Stay tuned on this one. Right now, Article 5.1 of the 2005 ESRC

Championship Regulations applies.

Ivan Orisek

Walter Clark

Ivan Orisek

from that section:

© All drivers in Round 2 and 5 who are also entered in the United States Rally Championship portion of those events shall hold an USAC National Rally License

I assume this means if one is running the "national" event one needs the USAC license but if running the ESRC portion(s) one does not.

Ivan Orisek

Ivan Orisek

from that section:

© All drivers in Round 2 and 5 who are also entered in the United States Rally Championship portion of those events shall hold an USAC National Rally License

I assume this means if one is running the "national" event one needs the USAC license but if running the ESRC portion(s) one does not.

I apologize, this was supposed to be Article 7.1 (it was 5.1 in my draft).

Here is Article 7.1 in its entirety:

7.1 Point Allocation

Points will be allocated as follows:

(a) Points will be issued for overall championship, each championship class, and other awards based on results in accordance with the following scale:

1st 32 11th 10

2nd 27 12th 9

3rd 23 13th 8

4th 20 14th 7

5th 18 15th 6

6th 16 16th 5

7th 14 17th 4

8th 13 18th 3

9th 12 19th 2

10th 11 20th 1

All remaining finishers shall receive one point.

All entrants will receive 4 points for leaving the first time control of the first leg of the event.

No additional points will be awarded for starting the second of leg of a multi-leg event.

(b) In addition on Round 4, and 5 bonus points will be awarded based on the following scale on class and/or overall placing achieved for each leg calculated as if it were a separate event:

1st 5

2nd 4

3rd 3

4th 2

5th 1

Note: For the purpose of awarding bonus points only, results will be published covering each leg as if it was a separate event.

Ivan Orisek

Walter Clark

Running one NASA event this year, obviously I am not concerned with points. I am just trying to figure out 2 things about this one.

1) Are there 2 ESRC events here, just one big one equal to the whole 2 day thing, or is the ESRC simply some portion of the stages of the RNY International event?

2) To run the ESRC part I wont need to buy USAC licenses for myself and my codriver, right?

I need to make vacation plans and reservations, try to get my service crew lined up, order tires and fuel, etc. and so far I am not sure what I am planning for.

By the way, I have spoken with a couple other New England based "club level" teams that have done RNY and want to again and they were wondering similar things...

Ivan Orisek

Walter,

Correct.

Ivan Orisek

mothra

Is there any information yet about the schedule for the event? First car off, registration?

I am trying to plan vacation and schedule metings at work that week.

Ivan Orisek
Is there any information yet about the schedule for the event? First car off, registration?

I am trying to plan vacation and schedule metings at work that week.

Matt,

My original post dated April 12 at the top of this thread should answer your questions. If not, e-mail me or call.

We have everything ready and have been holding off with opening the entry until the resolution of our application for permit to start in New York City. We will open the entry within a few days.

Ivan Orisek

845-794-4096

[email protected]

Ivan Orisek
Running one NASA event this year, obviously I am not concerned with points. I am just trying to figure out 2 things about this one.

1) Are there 2 ESRC events here, just one big one equal to the whole 2 day thing, or is the ESRC simply some portion of the stages of the RNY International event?

Walter,

I answered this one before: The event will be run according to Article 7.1 of the 2005 Eastern States Rally Championship Regulations: There will be only one ESRC event, identical in length to the USRC event. But, see the Article 7.1 regarding the ESRC points.

We were originally thinking about having two ESRC events but decided against it and follow the 2005 ESRC Regulations without any changes. That is why the reference to two separate ESRC events appeared in my April 12 post. This reference has been removed from the post above.

Ivan Orisek

don kennedy

quote]

We have everything ready and have been holding off with opening the entry until the resolution of our application for permit to start in New York City. We will open the entry within a few days.

Ivan Orisek

845-794-4096

[email protected]

You can tell me (or just not reply) to be patient and wait, but are competitors going to be required to do the New York City start?

Ivan Orisek

Don,

First of all, you can always contact me, many of my posts include also my telephone number, and I will be pleased to answer any questions you may have at any time. There are no secrets. The only thing is that sometimes we have to modify our intensions as we go and as the limitations imposed on us are changing.

No. Same as, for instance, in Mexico, the participation in the Ceremonial Start would be optional. For your information, we have received calls with the opposite concerns: Whether everybody would be invited to participate in the Ceremonial Start. Our preference would be to invite everybody and teams can participate as they please.

This is now becoming increasingly academic: Our application with New York City is dated May 11. We have been holding off on opening the entry until the resolution of our application. Unless we reach an agreement within the next several days, it may be necessary to do this only in 2006. Again, for your information, the obstacles are: Extraordinarily high fees requested by New York City, scheduling conflict with other events already approved for the same locations, limitations imposed by New York City on the number of cars that may participate.

With best regards,

Ivan Orisek

845-794-4096

[email protected][/b]

Ivan Orisek

And, it would be possible to trailer the cars to and from the vicinity of New York City. (This should be nothing unusual, it has been done at major international events, for instance, at Acropolis.)

IO