During Your Offseason

Jon M.

• Members

During the offseason, many of us update or maintain our cars. I just wanted to quickly remind everyone about the vendors who continue to support our series. I've recently ordered replacement parts from Bimmerparts (THANKS CHRIS), Andrew Racing (THANKS JAY), and BimmerWorld. They provide excellent service, quick shipping, and series support. Please remember to mention you're a Spec3 racer for the best offers.

See you all soon.

Jon

During the offseason, many of us update or maintain our cars. I just wanted to quickly remind everyone about the vendors who continue to support our series. I've recently ordered replacement parts from Bimmerparts (THANKS CHRIS), Andrew Racing (THANKS JAY), and BimmerWorld. They provide excellent service, quick shipping, and series support. Please remember to mention you're a Spec3 racer for the best offers.

See you all soon.

Jon

Thanks for the reminder - As always our sponsors rock. Just ordered some last minute items from Bimmerworld (invisible turbo and discrete meth injection...just little things) ...mentioned Spec3 (Spec2 for Colin) and sent a picture with the my decals for good measure and they hooked me up.

Our sponsors do rock! Just got some more pads ordered from Andrew Racing. Awesome service!

Have lots of plans to make the car better/faster/cooler/stronger during the off season That is if I don't have a blown motor to put back together after VIR

I dream of Racepak IQ3, a coolsuit system, new steering wheel, a steering rack that's not somewhat broken, a new helmet, new HANS, handheld fireextinguisher, more onboard HD cameras, scales, digi caster/camber gauge; the usual stuff. All I need now is the means It pays to be a sponsor for Spec3, I would think

Given my recent bent front brake pad, I'm adding things to the list of off-season repairs:

Rebuild brake calipers - rebuild or buy new?

Cooling System - hoses, tank, possibly radiator

Rust Repair - find it, kill it, make it red again

Is there anything else I should be paying attention to?

Given my recent bent front brake pad, I'm adding things to the list of off-season repairs:

Rebuild brake calipers - rebuild or buy new?

Cooling System - hoses, tank, possibly radiator

Rust Repair - find it, kill it, make it red again

Is there anything else I should be paying attention to?

I've got new calipers in my bag, but haven't put them on yet since the bending seemed to be somewhat cured with some filing and sanding. Rebuilding will make sure you got a smooth pistin with seal and dustcap, and unless you sandblast the calipers and smooth down the caliper bracket, your problem with bent pads might still exist. I've got too many used calipers sitting around now that I will also try to rebuild some along with cleaning up the calipers and brackets.

Check your waterpump! Mine lasted 18 months. But it was neither an OEM BMW or Stewart pump.

I'll also be doing some (more) bodywork in the off season

• Members
....I'll also be doing some (more) bodywork in the off season

The interior of my trunk has some bodywork needed on the right rear, feel free...