• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Varkwso

• TurboShortBus

• drivinhardz06

From what I've seen of Mustang suspensions, banning Mustangs would greatly simplify the TT rule book.

And let the blown Miatas run wild in TTD down here? No, sir!

Mark

How is an attachment bracket on the suspension or body a swaybar endlink? You're really stretching - +2 points, thus a DQ. You're outta here!

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but look at how the front sway bar end links on a Fox or SN95 Mustang are constructed; some sort of a 90* adapter or bracket will be needed on the bar and on the A-arm in order to install end links with spherical bearings. "Oh, but all I did was install the MoFaster end link kit, and it came with that bracket thingy. I didn't change the OEM sway bar, though. Those mounting holes spaced about 3/4" apart? Those are for manufacturing tolerances in the chassis. Yeah, that's it..."

Mark

Here you go (top bushing, washer, and nut are missing):

Sway-Bar-Links1.jpg

Clearer diagram:

sway_links2.gif

Here you go -

big_swaybar2.jpg

Here you go -

big_swaybar2.jpg

"But I used the other brand that doesn't mount like that."

I'm not saying that I would do something like that, but I'm saying that I can hear the excuses now in tech inspection.

Mark

Wouldn't it be nice to hear new excuses in Tech for once?

"I don't read rules or forums" and "It's your fault that there isn't a base class for my car" were pretty good ones this year.

Mark

fwiw - those adapter brackets for the sphericals posted don't change the effective rate of the swaybar besides tightening up the response by getting rid of the squishy rubber. You'd have to move the hole in the arm and/or move the hole in the bar...

fwiw - those adapter brackets for the sphericals posted don't change the effective rate of the swaybar besides tightening up the response by getting rid of the squishy rubber. You'd have to move the hole in the arm and/or move the hole in the bar...

I think he was trying to show a simple adapter that would not affect the rate of the sway bar.

Hence my mention of adapter brackets with various holes in them to "compensate for chassis manufacturing tolerances" or whatever, in order to try to get around +2 for sway bars if end links become free. This may very well be why end links are currently not free.

Mark

I'll work up two versions (one that'll let you mess with the ends, and one that won't) to submit to Greg. Clearly there is some desire from participants to at least partially open up that area for free modding...

So what else - surely endlinks aren't the only legitimate gripe you guys have?

Tire sizes for base classes seem to have a huge hole that I've never understood.

235 - TTE

245 - TTD

255 - TTC

265 - TTB

275 - ?

285 - ?

295 - TTA

Tire sizes for base classes seem to have a huge hole that I've never understood.

175 - TTH

185 - ?

195 - TTG

205 - ?

215 - TTF

225 - ?

235 - TTE

245 - TTD

255 - TTC

265 - TTB

275 - ?

285 - ?

295 - TTA

I added 175 - 225; might as well have the entire list, with the smaller holes for the lower classes.

43 pages to go. We can do it!

Mark

43 pages to go. We can do it!

If we added 900 pages to the TT rules, it would still be shorter than the SCCA STO/STU/T1 rules I was looking at awhile back when I was looking at running the ARRC in Nov

I would like to see an X* car stay in class with a A6/equivalent.

I am liking the end link free mod.

Banning Mustangs is always a good idea.

I think tires sizes should start at 295 in TTA and step down 10mm per class. It will give the small wheel well cars points to play with and the "hefty" cars tire to grip with.

I also need to hear better point violation explanations.

Let's not stop until we have more pages than the S2000 hardtop thread. GO!

Mark

sweet I am in!

I think endlinks isn't a bad idea though it messing up my corner balance because the right rear is so light

While I would absolutely LOVE to run a 295 A6 in TTA if an A6 were made a +12pt tire, but what do you do when the next best go-faster tire comes out and it is faster than the A6? Does that tire become a +13pt tire? Now we are back in the same game as now. And what happens when the tire a generation after that comes out? Is it a +14pt tire? Or are tires constantly downgraded in points as the newer generation of rubber debuts?

I do think there has to be some check and balance. Otherwise, the X* car in each class automatically becomes the ringer when on the base size fast tire. Oh wait....

Otherwise, the X* car in each class automatically becomes the ringer when on the base size fast tire. Oh wait....

I would think any NON * car is the ringer in it's class since you can spend it's initial 7 pts how YOU want vs them spending it for you

but what do you do when the next best go-faster tire comes out and it is faster than the A6? Does that tire become a +13pt tire? Now we are back in the same game as now.

it's already out, it's called the C91, and it's 13 to