Pie in the sky rule change requests - 2012

jason

Randy - why don't you go start your own thread.

You have managed to single handedly drag this one into the mud when we had a pretty good thing going. There were some very valid points made and all you've managed to do is bog it down with your whoa is me dyno re-class entitlement attitude.

What did you expect in the "Pie in the sky rule change requests - 2012"? All I know is that your car is going to be effing awesome next year with a reclass. I'd wager a tire on it.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Varkwso

• TurboShortBus

• drivinhardz06

I like your idea of adding the sheet though. How about taking that a step further and making portions of competitor classification sheets public information? HP, weight, tires, section point totals and adjusted hp/weight all on a single sheet?

I already have; for the past 3 seasons, all of the Florida TT and PT classification forms have been posted in a public directory on Google Documents, so that all competitors can review each others' forms at any time, day or night. Being in a smaller region, I have the luxury of only dealing with about 70 sets of forms, rather than 100+, as other regions have.

The development of a national database (and online classing) for TT has been ongoing for a while, but it's not quite there yet. But, in the short-term, it's fairly easy to have all drivers submit their forms in .pdf format and post them to Google Documents or another free service.

Mark

Excellent work. I'll forward this to our regional directors and volunteer to do what I can to make it consistent with your efforts. Thanks.

Change of subject, what is the thought behind having point adjustments for reducing comp weight but not for increasing comp weight? Could you make this more like tires where you get an adjustment both ways?

oh... and to jump on the hoosier bandwagon

....the 2011 Nationals winning TTF Infiniti G20 had 225 45 15 Hoosier R6s on front and 205 50 15 Hoosier in back (did not win any contingency though because of only 4 cars in class)

Because of Hoosier's FANTASTIC support, I hope they won every TT podium spot

As of this moment, we plan on using Hoosier R6s again next year at Nationals...

And maybe there will even be 5 people in class this time... That would be a nice bonus!!!!!

dang, all the Miata to TTF*/PTF* reclasses I can find are 21.0XX adjusted hp/weight. Mine are all 21.5XX. I want my weight (and/or power) break

We're doing good to get them to hand us a paper copy of the forms for the most part

you got that right

Sorry, then...straight to TTR! I have done it more than once, but the very real threat of being placed in an unlimited class with a slow car tends to get people to fill out their forms.

We're halfway to equaling the hardtop thread! Keep 'em coming!

Mark

O

We're doing good to get them to hand us a paper copy of the forms for the most part

you got that right

Sorry, then...straight to TTR! I have done it more than once, but the very real threat of being placed in an unlimited class with a slow car tends to get people to fill out their forms.

We're halfway to equaling the hardtop thread! Keep 'em coming!

Mark

You are nicer then me. I just DQ. At the end of the day.

all of the Florida TT and PT classification forms have been posted in a public directory on Google Documents, so that all competitors can review each others' forms at any time, day or night.

Mark

Yep - that's a great idea.

If Jeff would loan me the sheets I could give him a usb stick with the PDF files.

We have great copiers at work.

I already have mine in PDF format because Mid-South asked for it that way

all of the Florida TT and PT classification forms have been posted in a public directory on Google Documents, so that all competitors can review each others' forms at any time, day or night.

Mark

Yep - that's a great idea.

If Jeff would loan me the sheets I could give him a usb stick with the PDF files.

We have great copiers at work.

I already have mine in PDF format because Mid-South asked for it that way

See you next Friday...

oh... and to jump on the hoosier bandwagon

....the 2011 Nationals winning TTF Infiniti G20 had 225 45 15 Hoosier R6s on front and 205 50 15 Hoosier in back (did not win any contingency though because of only 4 cars in class)

Because of Hoosier's FANTASTIC support, I hope they won every TT podium spot 8)

As of this moment, we plan on using Hoosier R6s again next year at Nationals...

And maybe there will even be 5 people in class this time... That would be a nice bonus!!!!!

Sheep.

Sheep.

Baaah. Unless your buyin. My best guess has me bagging the tires I used in 2011 and running them in 2012.

Or buying my used ones and going faster :)

E36M3's need to be able to drop 175#'s to compete with the S2000 in TTC. Stirs pot.

Peter

LOL I brought it up earlier in this thread when the s2000s wanted less weight.