Pie in the sky rule change requests - 2012

jason

It's also easier to see those mitakes in Miatae because there are usually eleventy brazillion ones just like it on track with you in any given session and when you lose car lengths to the same car as yours corner after corner the lightbulb usually goes on.

Run spec C5Z and you can see what happens when you make an error. It is the same. Only faster....

There are good slow car drivers and good fast car drivers and some can drive them all. There are even a couple good mustang drivers.

Reclass is mostly a good thing. Especially for the composite cars.

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kbrew8991

• Varkwso

• TurboShortBus

• drivinhardz06

and if we limit reclasses to swapped cars or whatever I can forsee now alot of people claiming "oh, this is the Canadian motor so it falls under the motorswap rule" if said reclass benifits them

Going in either direction there's going to be some adaptation to the subtlties. To say there won't be is a slap in the face to the people that are there already.

Agreed.

I spent over 10 years in a RWD Higher HP car (a tail-happy 911 Porsche) so I did have to learn how to be smooth early-on if I didn't want to spin constantly... lol BUT the 'Miata' momentum ultimately helped me learn how to go even faster in the higher HP cars.

What was a real woot is going from a Miata to a Mustang the same day, same track... I made the mistake of initially trying to drive the Mustang like a Miata and I spun because of it... One I re-adapted and changed my driving style, I was pretty damn fast in the Mustang (which steers by trottle instead of handling as many may already know) so clearly/obviously adapatibility is key!

Maybe going from higher HP to lower HP did help me, maybe it didn't but I'm by no means the fastest or best driver out there and constantly learning and open to coaching. Sometimes I even learn stuff from students mistakes. I've instructed and driven a ton of stuff out there so I know a little bit at least

sperkins, you did a masterful job of taking everything out of context.

First, thread says "Pie in the sky rule change requests - 2012" so I'll try to change what I think is unfair or inconsistent whether it benefits me or not. My suggestion is for you to reclass your cars next year, apparently you have nothing to lose as you had it right from the start so it shouldn't put you at any disadvantage. If you're not willing to do that then you should consider why and explain yourself.

Second, how my engine is constructed has little to do with horsepower and a lot to do with reliability. At the point at which I was required to reclass for the turbo change and given a horsepower limit, I changed injector and ported the heads and manifold while the engine was disassembled also adding intake and exhaust changes. I had no intention of running TTS or TTA, ever. However, I did have the expectation to drive a car that will make it around a track, at speed, for 3 hours straight. So that's how we built it. That doesn't disqualify me from commenting on the rules.

Last, I don't expect anything more from Greg than what he already provides. I'll compete in whatever class he chooses to put me in whether by secret formula or random chance. He himself has commented on the subject of dyno classing all cars before, so I think the topic is fair game for discussion. I'd like to hear why you thinks it's a bad idea-- hopefully something other than because I brought it up.

6. Separate classes for vehicles that cannot be accurately checked for compliance at the track.

Like, say, AWD cars that don't get dynoed?

Nah - they have TM for that.

I hear you , but I can't complain. My car has been very reliable. For example, I went to nationals and then VIR without doing anything except changing wheels and oil.

....Well, I am not sure about Morris anymore as the car is down and is not likely to be ready for CMP. ...

A big part about a season champ is having a car for the season. Two cars help.

That is one very good alternative. Another alternative we all need to remember is that we are all free to buy any car we want (or can afford) if we don't like the way certain cars are classed.

Randy, since the reclass formula for NASA is kept in a bunker in South Dakota, we don't get to see the inner workings of the dyno reclass formula. However, it sounds like you have an issue with one particular car. If you think that the STI/EVO is an underdog to a the C5, compile some results around the country to show this and submit it to Greg. Don't frame the issue as a systemic one.

Last year, several cars got performance adjustments so the process can work.

Edited by Guest

and if we limit reclasses to swapped cars or whatever I can forsee now alot of people claiming "oh, this is the Canadian motor so it falls under the motorswap rule" if said reclass benifits them

hey I represent that comment.

How many more pages do we need?

Miatas suck.

Mustangs suck.

Porsches are for fags.

Camaros are for Jody and his kin.

Ferraris are for rich jerks.

Vipers are for morons.

GTRs are for idiots that can't drive

BMWs are for people who like excessive bearing maintenance

How many more pages do we need?

Miatas suck.

Mustangs suck.

Porsches are for fags.

Camaros are for Jody and his kin.

Ferraris are for rich jerks.

Vipers are for morons.

GTRs are for idiots that can't drive

BMWs are for people who like excessive bearing maintenance

:shock:

You forgot supercharged unicorn Miatae and S2000 hardtops...

I'll probably set a contested TR this next NASA-TX weekend on street tires in my GF's car

Anywho mess with Hoosier points and I'll go to Goodyears with my main car that are just about as quick. Or Hankooks, or Kumhos if I have to. BFD isn't going to change anything - if you want spec tires go change cars/classes to something that uses Toy tires.

I hear you , but I can't complain. My car has been very reliable. For example, I went to nationals and then VIR without doing anything except changing wheels and oil.

and then you went to VIR and the thing blew up

Any winners at Nationals that weren't on Hoosiers? How about any contested regional champions or track records that weren't on Hoosiers?

I know the TTA and TTB Nat'l Champ was on 255/35-18 Hoosier A6.

I know several other competitors in TTA and TTB were on the 255/35-18 Hoosier A6.

Of course those that are TTA base class get like -10000 pts for running such a "small" sized tire.

I'll probably set a contested TR this next NASA-TX weekend on street tires in my GF's car

Anywho mess with Hoosier points and I'll go to Goodyears with my main car that are just about as quick. Or Hankooks, or Kumhos if I have to. BFD isn't going to change anything - if you want spec tires go change cars/classes to something that uses Toy tires.

Whoa, easy fella. Didn't say nothin' bout no spec tire. I think rules that favor sponsor products are A-OK.

This post sponsored by:

Hoosier_Tire_WEBashx.jpg

Any winners at Nationals that weren't on Hoosiers? How about any contested regional champions or track records that weren't on Hoosiers?

Hoosiers are not where it's at if you want to run up front. Look elsewhere.

Hoosiers are not where it's at if you want to run up front. Look elsewhere.

Mark keeps saying Hankook C91s are faster than As and last longer... but they don't pay out anything.