225/45 R6 vs 205/50 A6

Vinny

If you can do a 1:32.6 on a corded A6 you can do a 1:32.6 on a sticker R6...especially if it is hot, really hot...

scott can try that, and I'll watch

Mark,

Don't forget your car is HIGHLY optimized, to put it lightly. Not everyone has a car at minimum comp weight and 50/50 balance with tons of camber and bushings and so on. A car that is closer to stock with less camber, more weight and less favorable balance is going to abuse the crap out of the tire.

The last set of A6s I corded were on their 16th heat cycle. I used to see 12 when the car was stock. I expect my current set to last 16 or more cycles with my current setup, if they don't dry rot from old age by then.

-Kevin

I think Kevin is right on point. In stock form the A's corded much quicker than they do now that the car is lighter and properly aligned.

Mark,

Don't forget your car is HIGHLY optimized, to put it lightly. Not everyone has a car at minimum comp weight and 50/50 balance with tons of camber and bushings and so on. A car that is closer to stock with less camber, more weight and less favorable balance is going to abuse the crap out of the tire.

The last set of A6s I corded were on their 16th heat cycle. I used to see 12 when the car was stock. I expect my current set to last 16 or more cycles with my current setup, if they don't dry rot from old age by then.

-Kevin

Vinny, what would you change other than HP to run in D?

I'd love to see what your lap times would be at VIR and Summit if you just cranked the SC and went to your new "D" horsepower and left everything else the same.

One would think that you would get a much bigger bump at VIR... but regardless it would be interesting. Still, if I were you I'd compete where I had the best combination of budget and tire winnings. Right now you are cleaning up the tires in TTE. I'd like to see you at nationals in E before you move to D... but that's just me .