tanjulio

roll cage shop builder Northern California.

tanjulio

Hello,

I have a 1990 Honda Civic that is going to be raced; hopefully sometime in the future for the Honda Challenge:

I wanted to know about roll cage builders/'shops in my area that offer good value for my money.

OR

other area if it is better value:

I have an uncle that can weld but i don't want to weld on something that wont pass inspection.

any information would be appreciated.

[email protected]

thanks.

SAM

Steve Krshul

This guy is very fair on price and provides a great cage

RF Racing

Rick Freeman

(510) 728-1110

21602 Western Blvd

Hayward, CA 94541

Calif_Kid

Sam - when you mention Northern California, are you talking about the Bay Area, the Sacramento area, or ? There's a post in the Road Racing/Autocross & Time Attack forum in Honda-Tech about roll cages, with the post being http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2778183. Replies #1,6,18,59 have some info for the Bay Area. If you're thinking of eventually getting in Honda Challenge, then you might want to read the posts in the Road Racing forum of Honda-Tech in addition to Nasa forums. Personally, I had my cage done at Impact Engineering, and they did a nice job with bars going thru the firewall to the front shock towers, Nascar bars for the driver side, etc. I'm not sure how much you're thinking of spending, but the cages are pretty expensive - I'm not sure how much of a difference in price you'll find if you're going with a full custom cage. PS - you might want to add what city you're in in the location part of your Nasa profile. - Jim

tanjulio

Okay, thanks people for your responses; in the Central Valley (Modesto)

I was looking to spend 1000 or less. Not sure how much the shops will charge.

Just a quick comment. i don't have to have a custom roll cage.

I just wanted to know what shops were good and get a quote from them on a decent cage.

I've seen roll cages on Ebay but they have a disclaimer that states they may not pass inspection.

and i don't want to waste money on garbage.

thanks.

Calif_Kid

Sam - will your car still be driven on the street, or just at the track? If you will still drive it on the street, then maybe you could get a half cage installed (in the rear of the car) to attach your harness to, and not have to worry about door bars or bumping your head on the cage in an accident on the street. I'm not sure how many shops are close to your location. For around $1000, maybe you could get a pre built type of cage installed - I'm not sure if it would just be a pre built (pieces already pre bent and ready to install) or maybe a bolt in type of cage that could be welded in. In any case, make sure that they do a good job on the install including reinforcement type of pads/boxes where the roll cage attaches to the floor, or the tubing could punch right thru the floor in a roll over. I really don't know much about roll cages other than the little I've read online. A pre built type of cage probably won't fit as closely to the car body as a custom cage, but should be quite a bit cheaper. Call around to the shops, and see what prices you come up with. If you are really interested in eventually getting into Honda Challenge, then try posting in the Road Racing forum in Honda-Tech, and you probably will get some responses/info from there also, but also try searching for info in that forum before posting. Good luck, and I hope to see you at the track. - Jim

jmeris

We got our cages done by Mike Tolle at Tolle Fabrications. He does ALL the fabwork and cages for REALTIME Racing. He has great prices and he was cheaper (and closer for me) than TC Design in Milpitas.

Give him a call and tell him Jonathan Meris sent you: 916-524-5315

here are some pics of the work he's done

TegInterior1.jpg

TegInterior2.jpg

Integra8.jpg

Integra7.jpg

Integra11.jpg

Integra1-.jpg

tanjulio

jmeris, Mike Tolle at Tolle Fabrications looks awesome!

wow that cage looks awesome.

How much did you pay and how long for all work to be done?

I will call all the shops everyone has suggested, thank you i appreciate the guidance.

Tanjulio

Billy Bass

I'm kind of late, but I see you are in Modesto. I used a fabricator in Lodi to build 2 cages for SCCA and NASA and he does outstanding work for a reasonable price. His name is Frank Fuller (fullerfab at yahoo dot com). Tell him Bill with the corvette sent you if you haven't already had one built.