2012 GTS Rules Change Proposals

JSG1901

Greetings,

Apologies for starting this process late, but we are now opening the floor for suggestions for changes to the GTS rules. This year we're doing it a little differently than in the past. We have created a web site where you can enter any change you believe is appropriate for the rules.

The various GTS Series Directors from around the country will review these suggestions and then put some or all of them back here on the forum for an open discussion.

To submit your suggestions, please go here: http://tsdevnewbs1.teamsol.com/JSG/GTSRulesProposals.nsf/GTSRulesChangeRequest.xsp

Thanks!

Scott, I'm not an expert on racecar aerodynamics so I don't think I'm qualified to even suggest any kind of aero rules (so I'm posting here for a more knowledgeable person to punch into the website ) but has there been any discussion of adding some rules? I think some rough ones that we can use over all 6 classes would be sufficient. Personally I don't think it's getting "carried away" yet just looking at folks racecars so effort could probably be used elsewhere for now, just a question

Wt. to HP baby.......No Changes!

+1 X infinity for the cars, classes etc etc ! Maybe a teak/elimination of the very few other rules we have !!

-Scott B.

Let it ride!!!! Watch it grow. Reread my post from after the National Championship. It just works, isn't that good enough?

It is working. There are 20 registered in GTS3 alone for this weekend at New Jersey Motorsports Park. I think there will be over 40 across all GTS classes this weekend.

It is working. There are 20 registered in GTS3 alone for this weekend at New Jersey Motorsports Park. I think there will be over 40 across all GTS classes this weekend.

That's awesome! GTS3 has had a really good year. We've seen surprisingly large fields all season.

Having said that, if you (or anybody) has any rules changes they'd like to propose, the must be in no later than this Friday, October 28, 2011. There's a link further up in this thread. Shortly thereafter we'll post for open discussion.

Wt. to HP baby.......No Changes!

I wish it was (WT / HP), as it used to be. The rule now is:

WT / (if (TQ > HP) then ((HP + TQ) / 2); else (HP)

Will

The fair way to do the formula is to average Torque/HP regardless of which is greater as I used to own a motor that made little torque, but lots of HP at the top end ( useless )

Now I have spent a ton of money building a motor that does the opposite and could have saved this money and been competative with this rule change !

The simple GTS thinking , just run what you brung is not working anymore if your not competative. This would make more stock ( cheaper ) cars compete and we would have bigger classes.

Just my Canadian advice for you stuggling with the American economy

The fair way to do the formula is to average Torque/HP regardless of which is greater as I used to own a motor that made little torque, but lots of HP at the top end ( useless )

Now I have spent a ton of money building a motor that does the opposite and could have saved this money and been competative with this rule change !

The simple GTS thinking , just run what you brung is not working anymore if your not competative. This would make more stock ( cheaper ) cars compete and we would have bigger classes.

Just my Canadian advice for you stuggling with the American economy

JPV,

The classes seem to be getting bigger already. You knew the Hp/Trq rule when you decided to build and tune your car that way. Do as others have done and tune and or restrict it to a more optimum curve. As you know, it hasn't been "run what you brung" for a long time. No need for a rule change in my opinion.

I just have a hard time understanding why people read the existing rules, then build a car that doesn't fit, or optimize them to the rules, then they want the rules changed to accommodate their car. The rules have been basically the same and stable for the last 5 years, so it's not like these things are a surprise to anyone. It's not a spec series !! Just my 2 cents....

-Scott B.

The classes seem to be getting bigger already. You knew the Hp/Trq rule when you decided to build and tune your car that way. Do as others have done and tune and or restrict it to a more optimum curve. As you know, it hasn't been "run what you brung" for a long time. No need for a rule change in my opinion.

I just have a hard time understanding why people read the existing rules, then build a car that doesn't fit, or optimize them to the rules, then they want the rules changed to accommodate their car. The rules have been basically the same and stable for the last 5 years, so it's not like these things are a surprise to anyone. It's not a spec series !! Just my 2 cents....

-Scott B.

+1