Tire issue- when is expected resolution for 2012 season??

Red Tornado

Really? From a guy who just said he's a volunteer mechanic?

Really? You don't get it that I don't make my living building cars?

Some people do though, so they charge money for that service, so their cars cost more to buy than if you build a car yourself and don't count your own hours as part of how much you have into the car. Get it yet?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• robbodleimages

• svttim

• nape

• T&A Racing

Really? From a guy who just said he's a volunteer mechanic?

Really? You don't get it that I don't make my living building cars?

Some people do though, so they charge money for that service, so their cars cost more to buy than if you build a car yourself and don't count your own hours as part of how much you have into the car. Get it yet?

No, really, I do get it. I don't make my living building them either, so our time is worth the same.

Just pointing out how far rules creep is taking us.

No, really, I do get it. I don't make my living building them either, so our time is worth the same.

Just pointing out how far rules creep is taking us.

But you aren't really pointing that out. The main difference in cost between your $25-30,000 car and a $80,000 Boss 302S is that your car has been put together with an old tub that cost your almost nothing (hell I have a '87 Mustang tub I got for free) with parts you found cheap on ebay (probably with lots of time waiting to find exactly what you were looking for), and then put together with minimal to no labor cost vs. a car that was built by other people who get paid to build it, using all brand new parts. What would it have cost you to build your car if you had bought a new tub (I know that's not really possible) and used all brand new parts? I'm guessing it would be significantly more than $25-30,000. I'll be more than happy to admit I'm wrong if you can prove it though.

shall we take it then that tires are open til we hear otherwise? this to potentially/realistically to include first quarter of 2012? and that there will be a break in buffer period?

Yes, that is fine, for the Midwest Region. For the months of January, February, and March in the Midwest region, tires will be open. - Wow, that was easy.

Real racers run in the SNOW in February...

-Jim

SE Drives in Snow

With no ABS!!!!!

Can we get a yearly earnings/average finishing order list organized? It'll be like a handicap.

You're one of those fancy union electricians. I'm just a nurse.

j

Hey, Im just a part time Paramedic

I haven't had a chance to read all 9 pages of this thread, but when I went to the end it was discussing ABS.

Sooooo....sounds like a good lock down candidate.

I'll post an update separately on Tires now...Toyo it is.