TurboShortBus

Suggestions for future event locations, dates, etc.

TurboShortBus

In the interest of cleaning up another thread, recent discussions about future event locations have been moved to this thread. Please continue to post related discussions here.

Mark

Balroks

Damn really..that's like the 3rd one this year....

TrackRat
and it looks like the PBIR event was taken off the schedule.

Correct, PBIR was cancelled and Nov/Sebring will be the last event of the year. Oh, with another FNG in TTE on Sunday hopefully...

BlkGt3

Damn I had a set of stickers for PBIR guess I will have to break them in @ Sebring in Dec. Can't make Homestead as wifey is out of town and I have to dog sit

Peter

TurboShortBus
and it looks like the PBIR event was taken off the schedule.

Correct, PBIR was cancelled and Nov/Sebring will be the last event of the year. Oh, with another FNG in TTE on Sunday hopefully...

November = Homestead

Mark

TurboShortBus
Damn really..that's like the 3rd one this year....

The April event was canceled because PBIR changed our date to accommodate some sort of a drag race and "offered" to let us run on Easter weekend. So, what was the other one?

Had it not been for these 2 snafus, we would have had an 18-event season, which is the most that we have ever done since TT started down here in 2006; but we "only" ended up with 14 events in 2011. 2010 had 16 events, 2009 and 2008 had 12 events each, 2007 had 13 events, and 2006 had 16 events.

Mark

Balroks

I remember, maybe that was last year, but that track up by you that we were gonna do in Feb but it was unsafe or something.

obzezzed350

So what was the reason for cancelling December? Its great to know I wont have to chew tires on that awful track again this year

TurboShortBus
I remember, maybe that was last year, but that track up by you that we were gonna do in Feb but it was unsafe or something.

That definitely wasn't in 2011, and I'm not even completely sure that it was in 2010 (although it could have been). That track isn't even on our radar anymore, as NASA HQ did not approve of it due to safety reasons.

Mark

911s
So what was the reason for cancelling December? Its great to know I wont have to chew tires on that awful track again this year

I'm with Joseph on this one. PBIR is cool and all that, I just can't get excited about going there.

There is a NASA - SE event December 2-4 at Road Atlanta. I can't vouch for the weather, but the venue, people, competition and social aspect are beyond reproach.

I think there may be a few others making the trip from South Florida as well.

As Joseph pointed out previously, I have to go back and get beat on again by that Nissan Sentra.

BlkGt3

I'm with Joseph on this one. PBIR is cool and all that, I just can't get excited about going there.

There is a NASA - SE event December 2-4 at Road Atlanta. I can't vouch for the weather, but the venue, people, competition and social aspect are beyond reproach.

I think there may be a few others making the trip from South Florida as well.

As Joseph pointed out previously, I have to go back and get beat on again by that Nissan Sentra.

I will be @ RA the week before with Chin. I prefer to get a little more familiar with RA before I get my but handed to me with NASA SE TTC

Peter

TurboShortBus
Can't make Homestead as wifey is out of town and I have to dog sit

Just have Ian watch the dog!

Mark

Balroks

I think we mentioned this last year, and the year before, but we should do some "official" joint region events once or twice a year like most of the other regions. A Roebling, RA, Barber etc would be fine by us!

TurboShortBus
I think we mentioned this last year, and the year before, but we should do some "official" joint region events once or twice a year like most of the other regions. A Roebling, RA, Barber etc would be fine by us!

Who are "we" and "us?" If enough people are interested, then I can look into setting it up. So, to everybody, let me know if you are truly interested and committed to making the trip.

Mark

Balroks

From who, all 10 of us that regular here lol. Two things I really would like to see in NasaFL's future, and they ARE possible is Daytona and Joint regional events. Lots of factors and details but that'd require a different thread.

TrackRat

I've mentioned to Mark just recently that a joint FL/SE Region event at Daytona would be great. I know the venue is expensive, but if we announce it 9 months out and draw from both regions, we should have no issues getting the numbers we need.

BlkGt3
I've mentioned to Mark just recently that a joint FL/SE Region event at Daytona would be great. I know the venue is expensive, but if we announce it 9 months out and draw from both regions, we should have no issues getting the numbers we need.

Shawn. I would forsee a lot of interest but I think the entry fee to run Daytona would back off a few people. The other ? is are there even any available dates.

Barber is also awesome but a short track and with the usual SE TT group plus Florida the front cars would be lapping the slow cars on the out lap. LOL.

Peter

Balroks

If we keep on "thinking" about it 9 months out from when we'd like to go it'll never happen. And likely why it's never happened.

BlkGt3
If we keep on "thinking" about it 9 months out from when we'd like to go it'll never happen. And likely why it's never happened.

Matt

Just make the Sebring fall event a SE/FL event. We are already there so just need to co-ordinate with SE on date.

Peter

Balroks

That would work too. However being so close to nationals i'm not sure you'd get the numbers you'd want then. For them to come here i'd say one of our Dec/Jan/Feb events so they can be out of the cold. For us to go there i'd say May/June.

TrackRat

I'm with Matt on the timing - get them down here in Jan when they're snowed in and we can go up mid-late summer when it's too hot to want to be outside.

Let's get Sebring in Jan and start announcing it now!

obzezzed350
I'm with Matt on the timing - get them down here in Jan when they're snowed in and we can go up mid-late summer when it's too hot to want to be outside.

Let's get Sebring in Jan and start announcing it now!

Too soon for 2012, but 2013 could be an option. Only thing is that there is big PBOC Winterfest 5 day event in Jan that might make some people have choose between them.

TurboShortBus

The squeaky wheels get the oil...I suggest that all of you directly contact Barbara at [email protected] and let her know your suggestions for future events. I might be the closest thing to management that participates in this forum, and I'm pretty far down the ladder.

FWIW, when I contacted "my person" at Daytona to get info about club events, in addition to the staggeringly high daily track rental rate, the facility only had 1 open weekend remaining for 2012.

Mark

Balroks

I asked Barbara, it seems that there have been things in the works to get an SE/FL event going, but both regions have to setup their regional events first, then think about inviting XYZ to participate. They know full well Sebring in Dec/Jan/Feb is a hit, but there are 3 major half week long racing events that I know of, like Joe mentioned plus PCA stuff, that also kill for those dates every year (as in official tire manufacture support and the works), so each time they've tried to book it, they're told it's all sold out. Anything in late Feb/March obv is for private testing for ALMS. By the time late march comes around, the regions in question are already getting started with their own events.

This all makes sense, so the question is, what do we do to disrupt this repetitive pattern. Well it depends on how far in the future we can "book" a weekend and if that's doable. If it is that's the only way we can bully our way into the prime spots, then I say DO IT. If it isn't, then it's all about timing. Which brings us to December. The Toy Run is quite popular for reasons other then racing so asking them to come here in Dec is...eh I dunno.

This is also likely the reason we see Homestead 2-4 times in a row at the beginning because Sebring is like solid gold then. But I'd argue this is OUR track, our HOME, we got nothing but time so chip away at it and it'll pay off in the end.

At this point I forsee the same old unless they win the lottery. SO i'd suggest a start with the Roebling event in Sept with SE.

Lets think outside the box, input?

obzezzed350

Roebling is a better drive for Florida guys IMO...at least for me. 675 miles to RA, but ONLY 450 to RRR