Suspension concerns?

Scany

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1726854&page=2

Please read above link to Bimmerforums. Should we be worried about using used "stock"/street M3 struts in our application? The failure Wonger experienced could be quite catastrophic, and if I remember correctly the strut mount that failed is not much different from what we are running, and ours are most likely old and used. Any thoughts on this?

This does not concern me. I have never seen that type of failure on any e36 before, but more than that a gts3 car is a completely different animal than a near stock 325. The speeds and stress experienced by a gts3 far exceed what our cars will ever see.

• Members

I tend to agree with Sean, especially in light of the spring rate difference that the Banana car has in comparison to ours. Jumping curbs in that car pounds the hardware far more than ours, not to mention the speeds that car travels at courtesy of the Hoo-Hoos, downforce, and hp.

Regardless, this does once again bring up the issue that pre-race checks should be mandatory for every driver. Earlier this year I failed to do so for two events and by the time it was done before the third event, we found a blown balljoint