NASA SE Dec 3 & 4, 2011 Santa's Toy Run

ColinO

Okay there's been a lot of talk about you guys trekking down to Atlanta for this, but so far nobody is signed up in Spec3. I'm signing up this week (now that I ran this weekend without mechanical issues) and Sean will be signed up soon. RA is a great track and if you haven't been there you will be hooked. They say this event fills up and I'd hate to be the only two Spec3's there.

Edited by Guest

Dec 3rd will be here before you know it... anybody else in Spec3 toying with joining the Toy Run? The registered list doesn't show it yet, but Sean and I are signed up.

Dec 3rd will be here before you know it... anybody else in Spec3 toying with joining the Toy Run? The registered list doesn't show it yet, but Sean and I are signed up.

Where is the registered list? Link?

Ahh I now see the entrant list on the left. I'm blind.

Also, does NASA-SE have a tire supplier/mounter similar to how NASA-MA has Phil's tire there for track side support and mounting of tires on wheels?

Or a better question is SASCOSPORTS (the tire supplier) at the NASA-SE events with mounting equipment?

yes

Ahh I now see the entrant list on the left. I'm blind.

Also, does NASA-SE have a tire supplier/mounter similar to how NASA-MA has Phil's tire there for track side support and mounting of tires on wheels?

Or a better question is SASCOSPORTS (the tire supplier) at the NASA-SE events with mounting equipment?

So it looks like five of us (post if I'm wrong on this);

Myself

Sean

Mike

Mark

Peter

I will be there on Thursday to drop off the trailer. I've managed to combine this into a business trip to Atlanta with meetings on Thursday and Monday. (It might be wrong to include the miles on my expense report though) Anyway, if you do the enduro and need some support let me know. I may not be able to be full time help on Friday, but I can definitely pitch in.

Looks right Colin.

Last time I was at RA I stayed in a hotel...does RA allow camping? If so, how are the showers/bathroom facilities in comparison to say....VIR?

I haven't camped at RA and unless it's going to be unseasonably warm I'm going with a hotel for this one. The facilities are pretty nice, but I've only been on the outside paddock. Racers paddock on the other side and I think the facilities are up on the hill. Can't personally vouch for those.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the offer, but a small space heater will cook me out of the SUV in the dead of winter...

and a twin inflatable mattress fits perfectly in the back.

Now Stephanie MAY come, and so doing dictate a hotel room. We shall see.

Yea, I'll be there.

I'm an idiot and got caught up with stuff and forgot to sign up 10 days prior....so I had to pay the extra 50 to sign up late.

I'm planning on sleeping in Mark's trailer for the weekend...Peter - I was told there is no power, so you have to bring a generator (hence why I can't sleep in my suburban).

Colin - when do you plan on arriving to the paddock? We should be there Thursday evening, and we will need to get a spot as close to pit wall as possible for the enduro.

There's power on the TT/DE paddock side and I thought I remembered power drops on the racing paddock. Maybe not? My rig has a generator so either way we'll have some power available. I'll drop off the trailer around noon on Thursday, but I have to head out right away. I'll look for a spot where I can cone off room for the five of us near the pit wall without encroaching too much on other zones (since Spec3 didn't get an assigned area).

Okay, I'm pddocked near the base of the foot bridge. Coned off room for five next to a camper. There is a power drop here but I haven't checked if it's live. The pro teams took most o the spec E30 space so it's a little crowded here.

• Members

How can you guys be so quiet?

I see that Colin got his first win. Some blew a radiator hose, but was following the rules of running water only. Race finishes were by mere seconds.

Come on, recaps already!!!! Videos too!!!

Some of us work during the day

The Spec3 crew had a great time... occasionally putting in a few laps, too.

I finally figured out the track by the race on Sat, but was too patient with attempting a pass on Colin. The Sat Race was cut short by the red flag caused by that radiator hose. Then there was that whole weight thing... I'll post the long version later.

My nephew got a hold of my my camera at the end of the Oct event, and apparently put it in Macro mode, making all of my Sat video out of focus. I fixed it for Sunday.

The Sunday race was very crowded to say the least. I have video, but won't have time to convert and edit until later in the week.