Which wheel would suit me better for HC-1 Hybrid Class?

CRXR

Was wondering which wheel would suit me best / I have these 3 in mind so far / Rota Grid V Bronze 15x8 0 offset 15lbs each / V2 Competition Bronze 13x8 +20 offset 11lbs each / Konig Roller Silver 15x7.5 +32 offset / I like all these wheels but just wanted to see a difference in opinions. Can I even use these wheels for the HC-1 Hybrid class?

Which wheel is easiest for a hamster to spin? JK.

Questions: what is your expected maintenance cost for running a hybrid on the track? And what is the benefit of running a hybrid on the track?

Seems to me, I may be wrong, the more complicated the vehicle the higher the maintenance cost. Additionally, the more likely something will break. A hybrid is a good commuter car in stop n go traffic but a track car? If it's an environmental statement, then watch Top Gear when they compare a Prius to an M3 on track.

But to answer the wheel question, get the lightest weight wheel. Who cares how it looks? Track wheels look like crap after one lap anyway.

But to answer the wheel question, get the lightest weight wheel.

You also have to make sure the offset will work for your car. I know on my prelude I run 43 offset on the 16 and 17 Enkei's I have. If the offset is too high, you will rub the inner wheelwell but you can then run spacers to reduce. If it is too low, you can run into fender rubbing issues that you may not be able to correct for. I believe 7" wheels the ideal offset is in the 45-50 range for no rub issues. I had very slight rubbing issues on the fender that I had to correct for with the 43.

With this said, I don't think any of the ones you mentioned will work for you.

My short answers:

0 offset will not work.

+20 will not work without either not being that low or serious pulling of fenders/fender flares.

+32...you probably can get away with just rolling the fenders a smidge.

what is your expected maintenance cost for running a hybrid on the track

I think this guy does not know the "hybrid" class in HC is NOT for electric hybrids. Hybrids in terms of the HC rules means a Honda motor in a Honda chassis that was never sold together as an OEM car. For example a new 200+ HP accord engine in an old 1992 civic. Maybe HC should change the "hybrid" name to something else to avoid this confusion?

For the wheels I would find a good 15x8 or even a 16x8 if you need the room for big brakes for H1. for most FWD Honda's I think you need 35ish offset, or more with a spacer to make it fit just right. But that's going to depend on the chassis.

Questions: what is your expected maintenance cost for running a hybrid on the track? And what is the benefit of running a hybrid on the track?

Seems to me, I may be wrong, the more complicated the vehicle the higher the maintenance cost. Additionally, the more likely something will break. A hybrid is a good commuter car in stop n go traffic but a track car? If it's an environmental statement, then watch Top Gear when they compare a Prius to an M3 on track.

Yea because am going to run a honda insight hybrid engine in my 89 CRX & the benefits would be increased turn in response from all that torque the electric motor puts out.

For the wheels I would find a good 15x8 or even a 16x8 if you need the room for big brakes for H1. for most FWD Honda's I think you need 35ish offset, or more with a spacer to make it fit just right. But that's going to depend on the chassis.

Yea I was thinking about 15x8.

Maybe HC should change the "hybrid" name to something else to avoid this confusion?

They should just put a note for special people you know like something that says this hybrid term does not refer to actual hybrid vehicles lol

If you want a good (very good) 15x8 wheel. Go with 949 racing rather than Rota. Rota's are only gravity cast (not strong). 949 racing are low pressure cast, much better choice for racing. Much nicer looking wheels also IMO.

check them out here philstireservice.com

If you want a good (very good) 15x8 wheel. Go with 949 racing rather than Rota. Rota's are only gravity cast (not strong). 949 racing are low pressure cast, much better choice for racing. Much nicer looking wheels also IMO.

Not only stronger but lighter as well. *thumbsup*

• 1 month later...

Thanks I will look into them