00 civic si rear discs

hmongboy

my friend smashed his civic and now it's a totaled car. i was wondering if it was possible to use the rear discs from the 00' civic Si and put it on my 92-95 civic since i have the drums in the rear.

yes, it woul dbe easier if you get the whole rear trailing arm as the spindle is different

oh yeah, i was going to take that also but i'm just making sure that it'll fall into the rules.

no, the trailing arms are different from the 5th gen & 6th gen Civicx.

Mike,

have you verified this? I swapped mine before with one came off GSR and it fits. As far as I know only the LCA are different.

I know that the lower control arms are different. That can be seen visually. Personally, I have not taken a measurement of the trailing arms but.....When Roger & Taz were building up their 6th gen Civic's for WC, they had to figure out all new rates because the trailing arms were different (longer IIRC). Of course, I could just be wrong. Taking actual measurements will be the only way to tell.

Oh, yeah....the original question! If you invoke the chassis swap rule & convert your whole car to Si, then it is legal.

Oh, yeah....the original question! If you invoke the chassis swap rule & convert your whole car to Si, then it is legal.

Actually, in this case would the chassis swap rule even apply since the parts are from different generations? It seems strange that it would.

Actually, in this case would the chassis swap rule even apply since the parts are from different generations? It seems strange that it would.

Uh....yeah. Good catch. Let me correct the above statement.

If you invoke the chassis swap rule & convert your car using the correct parts, then it is legal. Since the trailing arms are from another Generation, they would not be legal. The point is moot anyway since they won't fit correctly.