2012 AI Rules Update

tacovini

Last time I checked my calendar, "this week" meant/means Saturday (26 Nov), that being the end of the week.

I'm pretty sure it was the "so you guys can go out to your garages after eating Turkey." comment that gave us the impression he was referring to today.

Or maybe he meant we can all go out in the garage today and wait until Saturday.

j

Possibly, but I'm still eating turkey sandwiches 3 days after Thanksgiving

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UBR

• svttim

• tacovini

• philstireservice

Same old story.

Pack it in My GM brothers. We are done! This is were my car will stay with no NASA stickers on it. It really sucks they have turned their backs on us.

0db1ec3a.jpg

I must have missed something

Same old story.

Pack it in My GM brothers. We are done! This is were my car will stay with no NASA stickers on it. It really sucks they have turned their backs on us.

He must have ordered the advanced copy of the rules off Amazon.

Or it's holiday drama. I have a sister like that.

j

Same old story.

He must have ordered the advanced copy of the rules off Amazon.

Or it's holiday drama. I have a sister like that.

j

Black Friday Sale?

Final tweaks have been made and the clean document sent to HQ for release late this afternoon.

I'll post a brief director's cut of the rules and reasonings for what went in and what didn't make it in later today.

You've had your turkey and the weekend isn't even here yet!!! No pushing, no screaming...there's plenty of rules packages for everyone.

a97985_black-friday.jpg

I'm hoping that everyone will appreciate the work the director's put into this round of rule to try and keeping EVERYONE considered.

Thanks to Todd for getting it out over the Thanksgiving holiday!

Just read the changes version.

THANK YOU for the track width on my Fox (and all the GM cars) and the HP and Tq boosts are appreciated.

I'm sure this won't be everything for everybody, but I can see the attempts to level the playing field a bit.

Now, can we talk about the silly dash rule? Clarifying it to actually go all the way to the A pillar is cracking me up. As well as making me spend money for a 1 X 3 in piece of aluminum to screw into the end of my functional dash and go to the A pillar. It will look like hell and accomplish nothing.

j

Just read the changes version.

THANK YOU for the track width on my Fox (and all the GM cars) and the HP and Tq boosts are appreciated.

I'm sure this won't be everything for everybody, but I can see the attempts to level the playing field a bit.

j

Agree completely with j.... many thanks for the track width rule... Now I don't feel like I HAVE to install ABS either...

ed

Thank you for working on the rules over the holidays.

BUT, a 20 Hp/Tq increase and 1" of track will not bring my GM car back to AI with the advantage others have.

BUT, a 20 Hp/Tq increase and 1" of track will not bring my GM car back to AI with the advantage others have.

John,

We ARE attempting to level the field. Please give this process a chance. As a whole, the directors are not in "set it and forget it" mode with the HP/TQ numbers. We had to start somewhere.

Additional adjustments will be considered if we have undershot (or overshot) the ABS penalty.

John,

We ARE attempting to level the field. Please give this process a chance. As a whole, the directors are not in "set it and forget it" mode with the HP/TQ numbers. We had to start somewhere.

Additional adjustments will be considered if we have undershot (or overshot) the ABS penalty.

I can't see these adjustments leveling anything. But your asking all of us to spend money with NASA In the mean time. I won't even go into the other rules that were handed to the ford guys again.

Maybe we need directors that drive GM cars!

I can't see these adjustments leveling anything. But your asking all of us to spend money with NASA In the mean time. I won't even go into the other rules that were handed to the ford guys again.

Maybe we need directors that drive GM cars!

John,

Please send me a PM with your specific concerns over how the rules didn't attempt to start the equalization process across all years and platforms and what YOU specifically think "we" as directors need to do to equalize.

I'm a bit confused as 95% of the agnst has been surrounding the FR ABS unit. We are starting the process of equalizing that for everyone. It's not going to be a one shot fix, but most likely an iterative process to achieve true parity.

John, this is a very good start. I'll say that I'm definitely looking forward to racing with these rules once I get my car dialed in to the changes.

With as close as the cars were at Nationals, this will give anyone not in a '05+ Mustang a fighting shot. I think this will be a great thing for competition as the '05+ won't be seen as such an overdog platform anymore.

Officially, one GM guy is happy with the rules.

I give it until mid season until someone uncorks a BOSS for the better power to weight and sacrifices the ABS for a nice Tilton setup....any takers?

I'm willing to bet that Tj is not racing any s197 mustangs next year cause they are all going to st2.....

I'm willing to bet that Tj is not racing any s197 mustangs next year cause they are all going to st2.....

I'll take the bet. Unless you don't count Mark's 2005 a S197. It doesn't have abs or a mod motor, but the platform is pretty good.

j

With as close as the cars were at Nationals, this will give anyone not in a '05+ Mustang a fighting shot. :

the cars were close? i thought all the complaining was because.....never mind.

btw...i have no problem with the rules tweaks.

Edited by Guest

This will give anyone not in a '05+ Mustang a fighting shot.

The way I see it, this should let us pull the abs cars down the straights and hopefully have a big enough lead that they don't kill us under braking.

Then again, abs isn't an advantage, so I should be able to pull them everywhere.

It's going to be good to see you back out there TJ.

j

The Toyo tires not the rules will have me using up my current supply of hoosiers till mid-season hopefully but then will be running AI.

What will be curious is if the super special abs (insert laugh now) matters at all with toyo's anyway as they don't grip like hoosiers. I have a stock GT abs so can never speak to the racing abs but I for one will not be removing it. Unless its really easy. Now 390rwhp in my 3,500lb car could be a blast in AI with those weak tires..haha

The more interesting thing no one has bought up is the blocking enforcement rules as I bet with 25rwhp cars will be blocking if they can if they know they are slower in the turns.

Either way hope everyone is happy with new rules and in 2012 we can see if all the adjustments help bring more folks out which is the main thing.

Looks good to me.I like the added ballast and width rules as well.ABS I could care less,I don't think mine been working but I've been having brake issues all year.

See yawl at RA.

Robert