2012 RULES PROPOSAL discussion period now open

JSG1901

I have posted the rules proposals which the GTS Series Directors believe should be considered. There were several other suggestions--thank you for those--which are not included here which cover a range of topics including:

1. Changes to the GTS power-to-weight ratio calcuations

2. Penalties for tires wider than a specified size

3. Changes to the qualification procedures for the National Championships

For various reasons, the GTS Series Directors have decided not to pursue changes in these areas for 2012 and, to keep things simple, have not included them in the topics open for discussion.

The rules discussion period will close Wednesday, November 16.

I have posted the rules proposals which the GTS Series Directors believe should be considered. There were several other suggestions--thank you for those--which are not included here which cover a range of topics including:

1. Changes to the GTS power-to-weight ratio calcuations

2. Penalties for tires wider than a specified size

3. Changes to the qualification procedures for the National Championships

For various reasons, the GTS Series Directors have decided not to pursue changes in these areas for 2012 and, to keep things simple, have not included them in the topics open for discussion.

The rules discussion period will close Wednesday, November 16.

Maybe a bulk email to GTS racers would be the best way to get this info out to the racers. As we know only a handful participate in the forums and most of them don't pay much attention to the forums in the off season. Just a suggestion.

Thanks, Scott B.

Scott, is there a thread to discuss power to weight changes? ...I don't see one.

Besides, what is the proposal for "adjustments" to the scale?

FWIW, I think it's just fine the way it is but would like to hear from others that support any adjustment to the classes.

Scott, is there a thread to discuss power to weight changes? ...I don't see one.

Besides, what is the proposal for "adjustments" to the scale?

FWIW, I think it's just fine the way it is but would like to hear from others that support any adjustment to the classes.

Jeff,

That's the list of 3 of the things they decided not to include in this years rules discussions. I think they wanted to save on the bandwidth which is not a bad thing....

-Scott B.

Yeah, geez, I could only imagine THAT discussion would take up some bandwidth alright!

I don't see what would be discussed, but again, in an effort to NOT take up bandwidth, I digress.