2012 rule change proposals NEW THREAD

jcindric

Add another TT class. Somthing between TTU and TTS. As you know TTU is 5.5lb. and TTS is 8.7. How about somthing in the middle, say 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2?

-Troy

I wish the numbers supported it.

What numbers? Maybe we don't have the numbers because there is no option. As for me, my 11RS' is not competive in TTU and will never to be able to get down to the 5.5lb. min. If I go TTS it requires Lots of detuning and max ballast to make it work.

Just saying not everybody drives a Corvette that can fit in many many places with simple changes.

There are lots of high horsepower N/A cars that are not Corvettes that don't fit the formula.

-Troy

I asked for this a couple of years ago as I thought 8.7-5.5 was a huge gap. I don't like the idea of an additional class though as mentioned, there just aren't enough people to support TTU-TT?-TTS as it is.

And frankly I'm against moving in another class simply because I took the plunge to make my car reasonably competitive in TTU (still not there yet). Screw that, people that have full bodied race cars with reasonable hp should not be placed in a class with prototypes. There are plenty of cars (for example ACR) that are barely TTU legal in the first place. You would be eliminating some of the best of the cars you are talking about.

7.2 in TTU wouldn't be enough to differentiate it from TTS in many cases. Too close and useless IMO.

6.0-6.5 for TTU is reasonable IMO. Moving further would disrespect a lot of people who have cars built to this standard.

Because that's where my car fits

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Rob S.

• TurboShortBus

• cucamelsmd15

• Varkwso

• 4 weeks later...
Add another TT class. Somthing between TTU and TTS. As you know TTU is 5.5lb. and TTS is 8.7. How about somthing in the middle, say 7.0, 7.1 or 7.2?

-Troy

Im with you on this, Troy. Create "TTT", you could do what you said and find a ratio in the middle AND add base points to the make of the car for aerodynamics....such as vettes. I dont mean to pick on anyone, but it seems certain cars in the same class, with the same hp, are consistently faster then others. You have to admit that some cars such as vettes, 911's, lotus, ect...are "out of the box" race cars. Where others are more box shaped cars meant for dialy driving, rally, ect.

Also, maybe add more detail to tire size...tires above a certian size, say 295+, get points subtracted?

Very excited for the 2012 season...even if no rule changes.

Merry X-mas everyone!

Thought I'd quick ask this question - should I submit forms for TTS with 2011 classing form, or wait for the 2012 forms? Don't know if the forms update every year, pending changes. Thanks guys

Thought I'd quick ask this question - should I submit forms for TTS with 2011 classing form, or wait for the 2012 forms? Don't know if the forms update every year, pending changes. Thanks guys

Forms don't change every year. But I would wait till closer to the event. But TTS is stable I think.

• National Staff

Forms change every year (at least the title on Top) so that we are sure that everyone is using the most up-to-date Form.

ditto, I see that FL is at it Jan 7th or so, and TX is at it a few weekends later...

Yup, as we are on the first weekend of every January (following NYD). The 2011 rules came out on the Wednesday before that event, which was a bit challenging to make sure that everybody submitted them on time.

Mark