Joshua

An History of NASA Florida Time Trial Records - 2011

Joshua

Here's an updated compilation of time trial records through November 2011. Congratulations to all!

Homestead-Miami Speedway

232323232%7Ffp73498%3Enu%3D856%3A%3E2%3A9%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3473%3A9894534%3Bnu0mrj

Sebring International Raceway

232323232%7Ffp7349%3B%3Enu%3D856%3A%3E2%3A9%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3473%3A7%3C66734%3Bnu0mrj

Palm Beach International Raceway

232323232%7Ffp73496%3Enu%3D856%3A%3E2%3A9%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3473%3A99%3B3334%3Bnu0mrj

l30thelion

It's gonna take some serious work to get any of those TTC records! Damn it, Victor!

something_must_be_done.gif

Joshua

Not to mention our challenges in TTD next year too.

Victor has a double trifecta of track records - sweeps in TTC and TTD.

Maybe someone should let him drive a car in another class and see what happens...

wpbcobra

I am hopping to get that sebring time next year in TTD with newer tires and if i can find a better line at homestead from turn 3 thu 5

Mrsideways

I'm pretty sure Pete's M3 can take back the C record if he puts real shocks and springs on it and does a dyno reclass. It ran 31's on essentially stock springs and shocks and I'm guessing 150lbs overweight when he does the dyno reclass. But he'll stop learning once he stiffens it up so I see no reason to do that any time soon.

l30thelion
I'm pretty sure Pete's M3 can take back the C record if he puts real shocks and springs on it and does a dyno reclass. It ran 31's on essentially stock springs and shocks and I'm guessing 150lbs overweight when he does the dyno reclass. But he'll stop learning once he stiffens it up so I see no reason to do that any time soon.

Saw the vid, and indeed that is what I call serious work!

I'd be happy w/ 31s in my reasonably prepped Z

BTW, from your perspective what is a good target time for a TTC 350Z at Sebring?

Mrsideways

Touring 2 is where the 03-08 350z runs in SCCA. Touring 2 in open shocks and open diff and ecu reflash. + The following are allowed: Track option Aero package, Nissan

oil cooler kit #21300-RSZ33, Nissan power steering cooler

kit #49790-RSZ30-US, Rear diff cover Nismo part #99996-

35TDK, Nissan Mtspts. Nissan heavy duty spring kit part

#99996-65Z3OUS, Nismo sway bar kit #99996-RSZ3OUS. This

max. tire size supersedes TCS 9.1.10.D.7.b. Modifications to

the stock fender liner is not permitted. Min weight 3168lbs with 245 tires.

Touring 2 runs 2:25's at sebring. So I'd say in the right conditions a TTC 350z should be close to that.

BlkGt3
Touring 2 is where the 03-08 350z runs in SCCA. Touring 2 in open shocks and open diff and ecu reflash. + The following are allowed: Track option Aero package, Nissan

Touring 2 runs 2:25's at sebring. So I'd say in the right conditions a TTC 350z should be close to that.

Touring rules allow any LSD but you can't change final drive ratio.

Peter

Balroks

Wow seriously, I feel slow, that's moving for those mods. Joe is hanging himself

Mrsideways

Touring rules allow any LSD but you can't change final drive ratio.

Peter

Sorry Pete, OPEN diff as in Open to be modified. But your correct final drive must remain stock.

No a TTC car SHOULD out run a T2 car because you can do more TTC. In T2 you can't do anything to increase camber adjustment either.

Results from this years national. Car that won T2 was a 350z...

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1770328&perclass=1

l30thelion

Wow, that is a hell of a target. I thought 28s at Sebring would be amazing in a Z. The final drive

makes such a noticeable difference, I love mine.

Not that it matters but the T2 Zs would not likely

be TTC cars (I think those are the T3 specs you posted). I would say more like maxed out TTB (or TTA) cars. (Not that I could even come close

to those times in any car).

The Z that ran 2:25.987 at Sebring (holy cow!!) has a configuration that would likely not even be able

to compete in TTC based on HP/WT. I don't know the car or the driver personally but I believe this is the config:

SCCA T2 Spec

Power: 268rwhp

Weight: 3244 lbs.

Tire: Hoosier A6 285/30/18

Mods: Springs, Bars, Custom Exhaust - Single Straight Pipe with Cats Removed, Custom UpRev Tune, Moton Triple-Adjustables

Tires: +20

Shocks: +10

Springs: +2

Sways: +2

Brakes: +2

Aero: +4

LSD: +1

Total: +41

3244/268 = 12.1

(min for TTC is 12.0, so it would be too close and would likely be forced to TTB anyways)

I think one of the local TTB cars (boxster) runs low 26s, so that is right in the TTB range.

Mrsideways

This is true, But this is what I'm looking at...

Yes the T2 car would likely slide into TTB but....

The Nismo Aero does essentially nothing... Remove that -4

The 10pt shocks can be done just as good as 3 point shocks -7

The springs are really just glorified Eibach lowering springs so you put real springs on (FASTER)

The Brakes in a TT car really do nothing so -2

Add enough spring that you don't need sway bars -2

Run a 225 tire (essentially same size as a 245... thanks hoosier) Total of 3 points in the tires

19points... TTC! And within a couple 10ths of a T2 car.

You run a 225 tire so you get an adjusted power to weight of 11.2:1 which at 3168lbs that gives you 283whp. (probably higher then what the T2 cars are making).

Edited by Guest

l30thelion

The springs are really just glorified Eibach lowering springs so you put real springs on (FASTER)

Run a 225 tire (essentially same size as a 245... thanks hoosier) -7

You run a 225 tire so you get an adjusted power to weight of 11.2:1 which at 3168lbs that gives you 283whp. (probably higher then what the T2 cars are making).

Very nice! I see what you mean, I know you're familiar w/ the Z so thanks for the insight. Before I did my re-class I ran w/ stock sways and brakes and it worked just fine (though brake pads/rotors don't last as long).

Not trying to be a PITA here or saying that 26s aren't possible (specially for experienced drivers like yourself) and I know

you used those numbers as examples, but Greg would not allow a re-class like that. For example, I had my car re-classed and am able to get away w/ a re-class of 3005lbs/235hp = 12.78 and run TTC, but not w/ 2940lbs/235hp = 12.51 (only valid if my car ends up in TTB).

I am running 225/40/17 Hoosiers and they are definitely 245 vs any other tire, I love Hoosier!

Mrsideways

Run a 225 tire (essentially same size as a 245... thanks hoosier) -7

Very nice! I see what you mean, I know you're familiar w/ the Z so thanks for the insight. Before I did my re-class I ran w/ stock sways and brakes and it worked just fine (though brake pads/rotors don't last as long).

Not trying to be a PITA here or saying that 26s aren't possible (specially for experienced drivers like yourself) and I know

you used those numbers as examples, but Greg would not allow a re-class like that. For example, I had my car re-classed and am able to get away w/ a re-class of 3005lbs/235hp = 12.78 and run TTC, but not w/ 2940lbs/235hp = 12.51 (only valid if my car ends up in TTB).

I am running 225/40/17 Hoosiers and they are definitely 245 vs any other tire, I love Hoosier!

The Dyno reclass is NOT the way to go. Key is to find a car that can make well and above the HP needed for the class without producing a dynosheet. Greg when he gives a dyno reclass makes the car dyno to low. For instance in TTC my mini could make 246whp at 2513lbs. But with the dyno reclass I was given 216whp and 2650lbs. I had a weak engine so I couldn't make the dyno number. NOW the car will cause it has a built engine. I don't need the dyno reclass. Hellow minus 150lbs and + 30hp.

But there are all kinds of hidden cars out there. Here is one I want to build....

TTD Honda Accord 03-07 4 door

Swap for RBC Cylinder head +6

Cams +6

Manifold +1

T-body +2

Exhaust +5

Compression +6

Diff +3

Springs +2

Shocks +3

Sway bars +2

Rear arms +1

Tires +17

Wing +4

Adjusted hp to weight for 4 door, small tires and FWD, Max hp (EASILY DONE) 257whp at race weight. In fact 257 whp would so easily be done on this motor you may not even have to take some of those engine points. I was thinking run the compression and a restrictor so it makes big TQ numbers.

That car will run 2:25's NO PROBLEM in TTD trim. Hell I ran aginst a Mazda 6 that weight the same and made just a few hp more that did 2:22's on Toyo RA1's. 2:27's on hoosiers with a OK driver.

wpbcobra

o dam that is moving.

l30thelion

Vid:

Here's another quick one:

BlkGt3

My M3 weighs in at 3175 and dyno @ 235rwhp with sways and stock shocks/springs running 225 R6 when Ian his 2:34.4. Your 350 ought to do well in TTD trim

Peter

l30thelion
The Dyno reclass is NOT the way to go. Key is to find a car that can make well and above the HP needed for the class without producing a dynosheet. Greg when he gives a dyno reclass makes the car dyno to low. For instance in TTC my mini could make 246whp at 2513lbs. But with the dyno reclass I was given 216whp and 2650lbs. I had a weak engine so I couldn't make the dyno number. NOW the car will cause it has a built engine. I don't need the dyno reclass. Hellow minus 150lbs and + 30hp.

But there are all kinds of hidden cars out there. Here is one I want to build....

TTD Honda Accord 03-07 4 door

Swap for RBC Cylinder head +6

Cams +6

Manifold +1

T-body +2

Exhaust +5

Compression +6

Diff +3

Springs +2

Shocks +3

Sway bars +2

Rear arms +1

Tires +17

Wing +4

Adjusted hp to weight for 4 door, small tires and FWD, Max hp (EASILY DONE) 257whp at race weight. In fact 257 whp would so easily be done on this motor you may not even have to take some of those engine points. I was thinking run the compression and a restrictor so it makes big TQ numbers.

That car will run 2:25's NO PROBLEM in TTD trim. Hell I ran aginst a Mazda 6 that weight the same and made just a few hp more that did 2:22's on Toyo RA1's. 2:27's on hoosiers with a OK driver.

Damn, that is crazy, it'd suck to be getting destroyed by a Honda Accord Sedan

Unless I'm misunderstanding wouldn't it end up in TTC? That's 58pts so up 2 classes from TTE -> TTC.....either way DAMN never though if that way. I thought the dyno re-class was the best way to go.

I'm thinking of trying out the Z @ 3195lbs/235hp w/ stock sways and calipers at the next event in TTD to see how well it would work:

TTD*: +7

225 Hoosier R6: +6 (-4 + 10)

Diff: +1

Shocks/Spring: +5

Total: +19

I tried 3370/235 at HMS in Nov and it was heavy as hell! I'd be 175lbs lighter and not be giving up much in terms of performance.

l30thelion

I love the points system, I'm embarrassed to admit the number of hours I've spent pondering this:

Untitled.jpg

wpbcobra
I love the points system, I'm embarrassed to admit the number of hours I've spent pondering this:

Untitled.jpg

dam leo u spending alot of time on that spred sheet. I like it tho. I wish my weights can be that low.

What class you looking to run next year

l30thelion
dam leo u spending alot of time on that spred sheet. I like it tho. I wish my weights can be that low.

What class you looking to run next year

Man, its almost impossible to get my Z to 2940, but 3195 or even 3005 is doable. As for what class to run in....it boils down to $$, the cheapest right now seems to be TTD. There's usually 5 or more competitors which is great for contingency and honestly the car is more competitive in TTD. It was really fun running w/ you guys in TTD.

If we have a big TTC class (like there were at some events last year) I will run there but I need to spend more $$ which is tough right now. TTC is fun since its generally a faster class (1:41s vs 1:44s at HMS for example), so based on that I would love to try to keep up w/ Eric/Santiago in TTB too. I love that the Z can do well in all 3 classes w/ minimal changes in weight and tire size/compound.

32EVOIX

Run a 225 tire (essentially same size as a 245... thanks hoosier) Total of 3 points in the tires

That is all fine and dandy but then he will never see 27ns in that set up. Common Ian 3 way Motons, I put those on my car and I am 1.5 seconds faster minimum.

BlkGt3

Moton CS was worth over 2 secs on the GT3 probably the only downside to 3/4 way shocks (besides $$$$$$$) is getting them set up properly.

Peter

l30thelion
Moton CS was worth over 2 secs on the GT3 probably the only downside to 3/4 way shocks (besides $$$$$$$) is getting them set up properly.

Peter

I'm running DA konis and don't know what the hell I'm doing......so I leave them in the mid setting and hope for the best.

How much could be gained by getting a good alignment? Mine is a bit off (camber LF -2, RF -2.7, LR -1.9, RR -2.5) and am considering getting camber arms to correct it (front -3, rear -2), are the +4pts worth it?

TurboShortBus

I have heard the talk of how much faster the SCCA cars would be in the various TT classes for a couple of years now, but it has been just that...talk. IMO, it's put-up or shut-up time. Bring 'em out, we'll inspect the cars and forms to make sure they are legit, and let's see what they can do. Until then, it's just talk.

Mark