Joshua

An History of NASA Florida Time Trial Records - 2011

TurboShortBus
Just curious how you ran TTD* at 3195/235whp when the base class for a '03 350Z is TTC at 3188. Re-class?? That would put you at an adjusted ratio of 14.35, which is at the top of the TTD ratio and unheard of for a re-class.

Re-class from Greg at TTD* / 3195 lbs / 235 rwhp. Everything appears to be legit, as it was given a full inspection by another driver and me last weekend. The dyno sheets that the re-class was based on all seem legit as well, as Greg's 350Z expert agrees with the numbers and the shape of the curve for an unmodified engine. I even had Greg look at this particular re-class twice. It may be "the combo to have" in TTD.

His Appendix C form checks out fine as well.

And if you don't like his 14.35 adjusted weight/power ratio, then it's better if you don't know what mine is.

Mark

Rob S.

Actually the adjusted with 225 tires would be 14.75. Still really close to the limit for a RWD re-class. Could be the car/re-class to have for TTD!!

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

kbrew8991

only 12 points to spend though - A6s are +13 alone...

TurboShortBus

3195 lbs / 235 rwhp = 13.59

+0.8 for tires <=245mm (225mm) = 14.39

-0.05 for MCW <=3200 lbs = 14.34

Mark

Rob S.

Yeah I looked at it again and I was correct the first time. Not sure where I got 14.75.

wpbcobra

I can only wish that my car would have a WT/HP around the 14.25 ratio since mine is at 15.06

l30thelion
Just curious how you ran TTD* at 3195/235whp when the base class for a '03 350Z is TTC at 3188. Re-class?? That would put you at an adjusted ratio of 14.35, which is at the top of the TTD ratio and unheard of for a re-class.

Re-class from Greg at TTD* / 3195 lbs / 235 rwhp. Everything appears to be legit, as it was given a full inspection by another driver and me last weekend. The dyno sheets that the re-class was based on all seem legit as well, as Greg's 350Z expert agrees with the numbers and the shape of the curve for an unmodified engine. I even had Greg look at this particular re-class twice. It may be "the combo to have" in TTD.

His Appendix C form checks out fine as well.

And if you don't like his 14.35 adjusted weight/power ratio, then it's better if you don't know what mine is.

Mark

The re-class certainly works well for the Z, but the Miatas running in class were not too far off:

2395/161 @ 14.82 (-.5)

and

2570/176 @ 14.75 (-.41)

I'm no expert but think the Miatas may be more competitive since they have similar ratios but weigh 800lbs and 625lbs less than the Z respectively. Also, they have many more points to play w/ since they can run 205 tires on such light cars w/o penalty (-10). At least that is what I tell myself Make any sense or pure BS, what do you say?

I'm pretty sure that the record will go down by at least 1 second at the next event....hopefully the driver will decide to run TTC instead of TTD He is too quick for me to catch once he puts on A6s...

Edited by Guest

l30thelion
I can only wish that my car would have a WT/HP around the 14.25 ratio since mine is at 15.06

Now that your car is for sale you can buy a Z or Miata!

dew-e
I'm no expert but think the Miatas may be more competitive since they have similar ratios but weigh 800lbs and 625lbs less than the Z respectively. Also, they have many more points to play w/ since they can run 205 tires on such light cars w/o penalty (-10). At least that is what I tell myself Make any sense or pure BS, what do you say?

I'm pretty sure that the record will go down by at least 1 second at the next event....hopefully the driver will decide to run TTC instead of TTD He is too quick for me to catch once he puts on A6s...

Yeah, Miata's tend to come out well in a reclass. I hope the 205 hoosier is the trick on light weight cars as I'm going from a 225 conti/hoosier to the 205 SM6/R6, and have the points to run an A6 if I want to shell out the extra money for the A6 vs buying the SM6/R6 for 60$ less per tire.

King Tut
Please remind us all about the Spec E30 driver who lost to a girl for 4 races in a row last weekend. Who was that, anyway?

Mark

jason
only 12 points to spend though - A6s are +13 alone...

Is there any thread you're not in?

Looking over these records, Florida Region needs more Corvettes.

Balroks

Corvette's did hold records round here, in the past

TurboShortBus

The typical Florida Corvette driver is an old man in a Member's Only jacket with an automatic transmission.

Mark

obzezzed350
The typical Florida Corvette driver is an old man in a Member's Only jacket with an automatic transmission.

Mark

It is Florida..

jason

Mark

At least I don't have an automatic. And my wife made me give my MO jacket to Goodwill.

Balroks

Mark

At least I don't have an automatic. And my wife made me give my MO jacket to Goodwill.

Ah but he didn't deny the "is an old man"

jason

Ah but he didn't deny the "is an old man"

My much younger trophy wife rarely lets me forget it.

Balroks

Your podium finishing corvette doesn't count