Question on rule 11.4.11 regarding exposed wiring...

Russ125

Thought I'd ask here first... I have a car that has carpet removed and the factory wire harness runs along the floor near the rocker is now exposed which I think would violate the rules regarding exposed hot wires in the driver's compartment. If those are sheathed in something like convoluted tubing, is that sufficient or do they need rerouted?

Thought I'd ask here first... I have a car that has carpet removed and the factory wire harness runs along the floor near the rocker is now exposed which I think would violate the rules regarding exposed hot wires in the driver's compartment. If those are sheathed in something like convoluted tubing, is that sufficient or do they need rerouted?

That would suffice. That is exactly how I re-wired my race car while it was torn down.

sheathed a bit and secured to the car works - what they don't want is a loose rats nest that someone could get tangled up in if they needed to exit the car quickly.