getfast

11/21/11: Jon Felton steps in as the Florida Region Director

getfast

http://www.nasaproracing.com/2011/11/jon-felton-steps-in-as-the-flo.html

NAPA VALLEY, CA (November 21, 2011) The National Auto Sport Association (NASA) announced today that Steve and Barbara Nix, long time Florida Region Directors and founders of the Performance Drivers Club, will be handing off the region to a new leader for the 2012 season. Steve and Barbara have developed a solid foundation for the new effort that will be led by NASA veteran Jon Felton and backed by the NASA National Office. Felton has over thirteen years of experience with NASA at the regional level in the Mid-Atlantic region and has also been NASA’s National NASA-X Director since the program’s inception.

Chief Divisional Director John Lindsey said that "While I am sad to see Steve and Barbara leaving the ranks, I am pleased to welcome Jon into his new role as the Florida Region Director. We are very grateful to Steve and Barbara for their many years of hard work and we look forward to seeing where we can take the region with Jon at the helm."

New Florida Region Director Jon Felton added "I am very excited to get working on building up the grids in Florida. This is an amazing opportunity and I can’t wait to get to know all of our Florida drivers in the next few months."

For more information on the NASA Florida region, please visit www.drivenasafl.com. Jon Felton can be reached at jfelton@drivenasa.com

Balroks

You couldn't have had kinder and more patient directors as Steve and Barbara. They put up with the lot of us and still made the weekend run like a well oiled machine. Well, guess i'm the first to say welcome Jon! Hopefully Steve still comes out and runs TT or what have you. Oh and car #95 is a cheater!

So are you acting on behalf of both regions or are things progressing towards full region transfer?

TrackRat

Welcome Jon! Will you be relocating to FL or continuing with both regions?

Look forward to meeting you in Jan.

getfast

Hello and thank you! For now I will be continuing with both regions, living in VA but traveling to FL at least once or twice a month. A move south is certainly possible if not downright likely, we'll see as the 2012 season gets going. FL is my #1 priority but I also can't abandon the Mid-Atlantic team quite yet!

New website, new email list, 2012 schedule, and soforth... are all in progress. Directors, chiefs, and staff will have an email from me later today.

I will be down there next week for regional business and PRI if anyone would like to get together!

jfelton@drivenasa.com or 804-397-FAST mobile are the best ways to reach me.

Cobra4B

Congrats Jon... was going to ask if you were moving or not.

Balroks

Ah speaking which, does anyone have an extra ticket to that? (PRI)

getfast

Certainly not opposed to moving, just need some time to make sure I'm not leaving Mr. Cobetto or anyone else (friends, family, significant other) hanging. That could take two weeks or two years, who knows.

BlkGt3

So the rumors were true Welcome to the snake pit, we have very large Pythons running wild in the Everglades. Coming from a very successful program, NASA MA, is awesome in fact when I have run with NASA MA I felt it was to successful for on track fun, but then again FL has a lot of growing to do.

Peter

obzezzed350

Looking forward to working with you!

Mrsideways

I will be down there next week for regional business and PRI if anyone would like to get together!

jfelton@drivenasa.com or 804-397-FAST mobile are the best ways to reach me.

The Orlando NASA gang has been known to down a few beers. I think we should plan on this!

BlkGt3

Hmmm beers I am trying to get Brock Yates Jr to do a meet and greet Thursday during PRI for anybody interested in One Lap might be fun to combine the 2 groups I mean NASA does sanction One Lap.

Peter.

SpeedWorksRacing

I suppose we will let you hang out with us even though youre a BMW guy. LoL. J/K.

We should deff get together while you are in Orlando.

obzezzed350

Gotta be in the biz fool! Get AWD to make you some business cards...maybe the janitor title

I should be at PRI Saturday, might come up Friday if anyone wants to get together for a beer.

Balroks

Gotta be in the biz fool! Get AWD to make you some business cards...maybe the janitor title

I should be at PRI Saturday, might come up Friday if anyone wants to get together for a beer.

I'll buy a beer for whomever helps me beat up joe and take his ticket. He's slow in the racecar but fast on foot

jcrist

Congrats to Jon and congrats to Florida region - you got a great one

coulthard fan

Well, look at this development. I came down to Florida from the Mid-Atlantic Region last year, and I can honestly tell you that the success of the TT program up there was not due to Jon Felton, it was in spite of him. He could routinely be found in tech scratching his butt and then sniffing his finger. Wanted posters with his face on them but someone else's name (Chris Cobetto) could be found at local post offices for repeated acts of necrophelia, which was illegal everywhere we ran except West Virginia/Summit Point. He's either coming to Florida to evade the authorities, or just to stink up the place.

getfast

Uh... thanks?

ozal92

Big Thanks to Steve and Barbara for several great years of success.

Welcome Jon! Hope to meet you soon

D_Eclipse9916
Uh... thanks?

WTF...mate?

getfast

Great to meet many of you this past week, see ya again in a month or so!

King Tut

I was just wondering if there was a chance of seeing any tracks added north of Sebring for the rest of the state of Florida. I don't even know if there are any viable tracks, but I would definitely be there.

getfast

Daytona and Roebling are both under consideration (but may not make an appearance until 2013 if at all)

Joshua

NASA SE is going to Roebling in the Spring - let's head on up for some inter-regional fun.

getfast

Currently in discussions with senor Pantas about that and more

dew-e
I was just wondering if there was a chance of seeing any tracks added north of Sebring for the rest of the state of Florida. I don't even know if there are any viable tracks, but I would definitely be there.

I don't think there are any viable tracks in Florida north of Sebring. You have the Gainesville test track, which is glorified autocross, and definitely not up to a NASA event. Then you have the Stark, European rally school track and the lakeland/USA speedway locations. I think the stark rally school track is dangerous, and have not seen much about the lakeland location. Not sure if it is even in use, or what the condition of the track is. It was a short roval from what I recall.

I don't believe any of those locations are up to having 20-30 cars on track at the same time like Homestead or Sebring can accommodate.

Now if we all wanted to go do some roundy round racing, there are plenty of tracks to do that in North Florida.