SM ?s - not defined in Rules

jaje

Wonder what the general consensus on:

- removal of engine emissions equipment (we can remove the cat but there's a lot of emissions stuff such as charcoal canister, vacuum lines, etc.)

- headlights - can we remove the motor mechanism and built a manual setup to set to full open / full close?

- a/c equipment - can we remove the condensor / evaporator / compressor / all lines (does not specifically say we can or cannot)

- remove power steering pump (says we can defeat the rack but not that we can remove these items).

I don't have access to cars or what I can confirm as spec legal engine bay item removal / modifications

• 2 weeks later...
Wonder what the general consensus on:

- removal of engine emissions equipment (we can remove the cat but there's a lot of emissions stuff such as charcoal canister, vacuum lines, etc.)

- headlights - can we remove the motor mechanism and built a manual setup to set to full open / full close?

- a/c equipment - can we remove the condensor / evaporator / compressor / all lines (does not specifically say we can or cannot)

- remove power steering pump (says we can defeat the rack but not that we can remove these items).

I don't have access to cars or what I can confirm as spec legal engine bay item removal / modifications

Genarally: If it doesn't say you can, then you can't.

However, I will tell you that the Vac Canister needs to be there as well as vacuum lines. Can't mess with headlight motors. A/C equip you list can be removed, leave heater core intact but you can re-route hoses (I left mine connected for rain races). PS pump can be removed (make sure you install a bolt in one of the mounting holes or you will pump out oil).

Regards,

Alan

Thanks Alan. I am getting the plugs that advanced auto sells for the p/s rack. I'll leave in the headlight motors and maybe the heater lines as well in order to defog the windows in rain races.

• 2 weeks later...

I removed the dash and inside it has a crossmember - is that removable or must it be kept? I was planning on doing cage bar behind the dash if I could (did this with my previous racecar - 944) as it is integral to the rollcage. The general rule says dash may not be modified.