Tire Contingencies

UKRBMW

So, I know it's early, but I know some people on this board are a bit more in the know than others. So anybody hearing of any changes? Hoosier contingency safe?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• UKRBMW

• sperkins

• Cobra4B

So, I know it's early, but I know some people on this board are a bit more in the know than others. So anybody hearing of any changes? Hoosier contingency safe?

With 52+ cars in TT in Dec at Road Atlanta and a waiting list to get in with almost every car on Hoosiers I certainly hope the contingency does not die. My old CMC 88 Mustang will be configured to run where the best contingency resides so I really want to hear. I do know from talking to them this week all contingency tires absolutely have to be submitted by 15 Dec!

Christmas cards and thank you notes to Hoosier cannot hurt

• 1 month later...
So, with 1st events just 3-4 weeks out, any word on tire contingencies?

FL already started, and TX is up in about 2...

All I've heard is expect no changes

I was unofficially told by a Hoosier rep (initials TG) at PRI last month, "I don't see why" there would be any changes to the NASA TT contingency program for 2012.

Mark

Do we need to re-register with Hoosier for each season?

No. Register once is all that is required.

What if we change classes? Do I need to re-register for PTA?

Do we need to re-register with Hoosier for each season?

No. Register once is all that is required.

What if we change classes? Do I need to re-register for PTA?

No

• 4 weeks later...
I was unofficially told by a Hoosier rep (initials TG) at PRI last month, "I don't see why" there would be any changes to the NASA TT contingency program for 2012.

Mark

No official word yet. Some regions have already begun. Not sure I'm willing to roll the dice - especially with all of the anti-Hoosier rhetoric going around lately.

Mark

No official word yet. Some regions have already begun. Not sure I'm willing to roll the dice - especially with all of the anti-Hoosier rhetoric going around lately.

Scott - I think you're exaggerating a bit. There is conversation over the A6 point premium, but certainly not "anti-Hooiser". Nobody can argue that a set of A6s are worth 1,000s of dollars in other mods - I mean, what else is going to net you 3 seconds a lap over just about any other mod???

I'm willing to bet Hoosier will continue to be the dominant tire in most classes at regional and national championship races. And for a good reason - contingency is great, their service is fantastic, and guys like Jeff Speer willing to spend time to help you get faster. Most other tire companies won't even return my emails and then you wonder why you don't see them around the paddock.

I'm willing to bet Hoosier will continue to be the dominant tire in most classes at regional and national championship races. And for a good reason - contingency is great, their service is fantastic, and guys like Jeff Speer willing to spend time to help you get faster. Most other tire companies won't even return my emails and then you wonder why you don't see them around the paddock.

This

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where we can download a Hoosier Contingency form for for 2012? I went to the NASA website and there is nothing on the Hoosier Contingency....

I don't think that is the one I need. I am already registered with Hoosier, I just won my first tire and I have never had to redeem one before. Is that the form to redeem a win?

I am really lost on this whole process.

Have we heard anything official about the 2012 contingency? I have also won a tire this year, but waiting for the official word before submitting any claim forms.

I don't think that is the one I need. I am already registered with Hoosier, I just won my first tire and I have never had to redeem one before. Is that the form to redeem a win?

I am really lost on this whole process.

The form is not really easy to find on Hoosier website but there is one for NASA.

I plan to submit a few forms before road Atlanta.

Thanks Jeff, I found the form.

I know this sounds stupid, but once I fill it out, what do I do? What is the process?

You can mail, fax or scan/email them to Paula Nate. They process claims very quickly.

Thanks Jeff, I found the form.

I know this sounds stupid, but once I fill it out, what do I do? What is the process?

You can mail, fax or scan/email them to Paula Nate. They process claims very quickly.

pretty spot on - they'll need your Series Director's signature on them being the one thing that can get tricky if you don't catch them at the track. Oh and you're on the hook for the shipping cost of the tire(s), but otherwise yeah its 100% free (other than the 1st set you bought this year, all the time effort & expense of winning it, etc that is!)

I have a contingency question. I know you have to get contingency tires that are won from approved dealers, and I thought I read somewhere that the tires used to win must also be from an approved dealer? Say if I go out on scrubs I bought from "Mr. Smith" and win my class, I cannot collect the free tires I just won?