Tire Contingencies

UKRBMW

I have a contingency question. I know you have to get contingency tires that are won from approved dealers, and I thought I read somewhere that the tires used to win must also be from an approved dealer? Say if I go out on scrubs I bought from "Mr. Smith" and win my class, I cannot collect the free tires I just won?

To participate in the hoosier contingency, you must have be running Hoosier Tires. Well in order to particpate, the ones you bought must have been bought from an authorized dealer. (AKA your first set of tires need to be ones that you bought from an authorized dealer) Cant just go out on tires you bougt from joe shmoe and start collecting tires.

Just to let you know, Phils Tire is an authorized Hoosier Tire Source.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• UKRBMW

• sperkins

• Cobra4B

I have a contingency question. I know you have to get contingency tires that are won from approved dealers, and I thought I read somewhere that the tires used to win must also be from an approved dealer? Say if I go out on scrubs I bought from "Mr. Smith" and win my class, I cannot collect the free tires I just won?

To participate in the hoosier contingency, you must have be running Hoosier Tires. Well in order to particpate, the ones you bought must have been bought from an authorized dealer. (AKA your first set of tires need to be ones that you bought from an authorized dealer) Cant just go out on tires you bougt from joe shmoe and start collecting tires.

Just to let you know, Phils Tire is an authorized Hoosier Tire Source.

As is SASCO and Applachian Race Tire...not sure about tire rack but.probably them too.

Sad day. Seeing as my region seemed to average maybe 4 competitors in TTC last year...looks like there isn't much chance of winning tires this year unless we get more people. Grrr... Why Hoosier, why?

I don't think folks can be hard on Hoosier, they have had THE best tire program since 2009. They are a business and I'm sure any changes reflect what they feel like they need to do.

Ouch Hoosier... looks like my stickers will be staying that way until enough enter in class. With only 3 signed up for TTE next month at Road Atlanta, I will be running crap tires.

Ouch Hoosier... looks like my stickers will be staying that way until enough enter in class. With only 3 signed up for TTE next month at Road Atlanta, I will be running crap tires.

^ no kidding. Time to buy some street tires and only run the hoosiers when people show up. I don't know about other regions, but most weekends we don't have 5 competitors in each class, let alone 7.

Hoosier makes a great tire, and their contingency has turned a lot of people over to running Hoosiers the last couple of years. Now that everyone's hooked on the purple narcotic, they drop the contingency out from under us. Classic (and probably financially smart) move on their part...

its worth considering the goodyear program now. they require 5 cars but pay to 3rd place. tires are as fast and seem to last longer.

I thought about looking at Goodyear, but there is no link on the contingency page to show their 2012 program.

I don't think folks can be hard on Hoosier, they have had THE best tire program since 2009. They are a business and I'm sure any changes reflect what they feel like they need to do.

Wonder how sales will be.impacted. the carrot is only sweet for the top guy.

Hoosier did a fantastic job building up its participation and supporting the club racer.

I don't understand the logic. Having a payout for 3 and 4 count fields make people put Hoosiers on the car. Now if there aren't 5+ the Hoosiers will stay in the trailer/garage. Also, now that other manufacturers have similar contingencies it will further reduce demand as people try other tires.

Guess I'll put my Hoosier fire suit and car decals on velcro and do the same for BFG and Toyo. Time to buy more spare rims. Then take a set of each type of tire to the track and run whichever one gives the best contingency for however many cars are running that day.

Guess I'll put my Hoosier fire suit and car decals on velcro and do the same for BFG and Toyo. Time to buy more spare rims. Then take a set of each type of tire to the track and run whichever one gives the best contingency for however many cars are running that day.

Cost effective grassroots racing

Their SCCA contingency is a bit stronger - 2 tires to 1st place with a minimum of 3 participants. Curious to see what NARRA ends up getting from Hoosier.

It is a bit unfortunate, especially with some participation numbers dropping off - just look at ST this past weekend at CMP.

Edit: looks like Goodyear contingency details for NASA are actually posted on their website and it stays the same - 2 tires for 1st, 1 for 2nd with at least 7 in class.

Their SCCA contingency is a bit stronger - 2 tires to 1st place with a minimum of 3 participants. Curious to see what NARRA ends up getting from Hoosier.

It is a bit unfortunate, especially with some participation numbers dropping off - just look at ST this past weekend at CMP.

Edit: looks like Goodyear contingency details for NASA are actually posted on their website and it stays the same - 2 tires for 1st, 1 for 2nd with at least 7 in class.

NARRA is a bit different since Hoosier sponsors the org. Narra chose to spread the money via contingency.

Since I am mostly running for fun now I will bump to TTU maybe and slicks since they last longer.