Existing Rule Interpretation

Damon in STL

The existing rule reads.....

For all GTS cars, the engine and the chassis must be of the same marque (e.g. a Porsche may use

any Porsche badged engine). For the purposes of these rules, the engine is defined as the block.

Swapping engines between different chassis made by the same manufacturer is allowed, but

swapping engines of a marque different than the chassis manufacturer is specifically not allowed.

Let's say I found an awsome deal on an Audi boat engine and had an old Audi chassis sitting in the barn. Would I be within the rules to use these two components together? I'm not saying it would be a winning combination....hmm.....er....maybe in the wet......no...never mind. But, would it be legal?

Damon in STL

LOL, there is always someone putting the rules to the test. I'm not sure we considered installing non automotive engines into the car when we wrote it...

LOL, there is always someone putting the rules to the test. I'm not sure we considered installing non automotive engines into the car when we wrote it...

That's it then! I'm putting the the BMW airplane engine in the Isetta.....

CIMG04371-650x5851.jpg

.....are there any rules on a safety guard for the prop?

Damon in STL