• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• Cobra4B

• drivinhardz06

• WynnS123

Sketchy cars? I am sure there are somewhere, but not in SE TTA. Who was really fast this year? Well, depending on the track, it was Mark, Scott, Brian, and Kevin. I know all those cars. Not only are they legit, they will tell you exactly what they they are doing, help you replicate it, and dare you to bring it!

What makes you think anything I've told you is true or accurate

Examples of blatent intent are very rare.

Unless you race AI

Care to elaborate?

Ron

Just stories I've heard about all the neat "tricks" people come up with to switch tunes on cars or make them dyno a certain way

Jim had a portable dyno a few years back. I do not think that he kept it long.

there was something about how his buisness/"car dealership" was setup that all his car stuff like that had to technically be for sale (not nessecarily at a reasonable price, but still). Well someone went ahead and offered him the crazy high asking price for the portable dyno setup so he took it. IIRC anyway.

• Members
Jim had a portable dyno a few years back. I do not think that he kept it long.

there was something about how his buisness/"car dealership" was setup that all his car stuff like that had to technically be for sale (not nessecarily at a reasonable price, but still). Well someone went ahead and offered him the crazy high asking price for the portable dyno setup so he took it. IIRC anyway.

That's the truth - every vehicle I own is for sale and I have to be able to quote a price on anything. I do kick myself for selling it as it was a huge source of income - but I have my eyes out for another one, as soon as I find one that is reasonably priced you can get it'll be at every NASA-SE event after that...

-Jim

One quick tip I learned from my brief stint as a police officer. My SGT said a fish would never get caught if he never opened his mouth. This was way before the internet and forums. Magazine articles and dyno posts on forums kind of makes deniability difficult. Not impossible but difficult.

Talking about your cool Cosworth/LSx/vtec engine and posting a 650 hp dyno sheet kind of makes the dyno sheet I have a little suspect. Search function and the IT geeks in TT find this stuff all the time.

I know configurations and tunes change but be prepared when you post glowing header pictures and your cool revalved shocks. And then tell me it is OEM.

Oversights happen. Example is bumpsteer kit on a car you bought and did not realize it was add on.

Examples of blatent intent are very rare. We do need to help each other with compliance. Except for ZO6cool it is about friendly competition.

My header glows, but I'm also taking pts. for it.

One quick tip I learned from my brief stint as a police officer. My SGT said a fish would never get caught if he never opened his mouth. This was way before the internet and forums. Magazine articles and dyno posts on forums kind of makes deniability difficult. Not impossible but difficult.

Talking about your cool Cosworth/LSx/vtec engine and posting a 650 hp dyno sheet kind of makes the dyno sheet I have a little suspect. Search function and the IT geeks in TT find this stuff all the time.

I know configurations and tunes change but be prepared when you post glowing header pictures and your cool revalved shocks. And then tell me it is OEM.

Oversights happen. Example is bumpsteer kit on a car you bought and did not realize it was add on.

Examples of blatent intent are very rare. We do need to help each other with compliance. Except for ZO6cool it is about friendly competition.

My header glows, but I'm also taking pts. for it.

All hot headers will remove skin easily - I can show you some cool scars from them. While they say 3rd degree burns don't hurt I can tell you something around them hurts like heck...

Jeff gets tired of my cheater complaints at the end of each day/weekend:

Everyone that finished behind me are incredible drivers. Everyone that finished ahead of me are cheaters.

Jeff gets tired of my cheater complaints at the end of each day/weekend:

Everyone that finished behind me are incredible drivers. Everyone that finished ahead of me are cheaters.

Now multiply that by every class...

• 2 weeks later...
Houshmandy is not legal on slicks.

Depends which engine combo he is running. He changes engine internals more often then I do my oil.

Based on the numbers I heard a few weeks ago, he's not even close to legal on slicks. That was just marginally legal on DOT's. Don't imagine he'd get as low as he needed to unless he ran stock hp. What else is there to go by? He'd have to have something on file with those numbers though too.