Nor-cal 2012

wic

And I will be the new owner of Brandon's Prelude..cats out of the bag....so, some changes afoot! Also JM, why there is really no place for me to run with HC...there will be no H1 cars to race against. Options for me are EO, USTCC, STU with SCCA (which looks to see a fair amount of cars in norcal in 2013) and then look at H1 just for nats when they are in the west.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hagakure

• jmeris

• RCarroll

• ILIKETODRIVE

I hope to come out of hiding next year! Still have the Car, just needs a little tinkering.

Let me know if you need any help Chris...I can give you a hand. BTW, did you get that T-belt issue worked out?

Wow, Donna and JMer are in H2 for 2012? Heck, I think I'm going to be in then! I just moved back to California from overseas (been gone 4 years). FartMachine (Andrie's old H1 car from long time ago) blew its motor in 2007 and has been sitting. I can restore it to run H2.

Are you really going to race in H2? C'Mon!!! You're pulling our chain! You mean Andrie's old EG light blue car he ran before his White Civic SI (Downey's car now)? I won't believe it 'til I see it.

We will be racing the full season, just finished putting the B-17 together today, dyno next week and if it makes enough H/P test day soon after. We will be ready by the first regional in February. Donna and I are looking forward to being back in Honda Challenge! See ya all in February!

Good to hear that you guys will be in H2 for sure!! (Btw, I called you back and left a msg-I never heard back from you)

Looks like the deal is done...chris owns my old prelude, and I own his teg...which is still a H2 car. I may make a few races next year afterall.

SWEET!! Great to have you guys back!!

And I will be the new owner of Brandon's Prelude..cats out of the bag....so, some changes afoot! Also JM, why there is really no place for me to run with HC...there will be no H1 cars to race against. ... and then look at H1 just for nats when they are in the west.

You sold your Prelude (mikes old prelude) to Chris? And then bought Brandons?..No wonder you're considering racing USTCC. I can race with you in H1...less work for me-I won't have to spend money and find a H2-K20a3 engine. I'll just stick with my K24 in H1.

UPDATED: So far in Nor Cal in 2012 it's looking like:

H1-

Meris

Percy

Hartanto?

H2:

Donna G

Paul Garcia

"ILIKETODRIVE"-Doug

Jim?-aka "Calif Kid"

Frank Lin?--is this true??

Kiamana-Twin Cam Motorsports owner

Glenn S. (getting his license early 2012)-Sometimes will be sharing a familiar car in H2 with Meris

Chris S

Mike Lock

Chris Lock

Vic C

Let's ALL shoot to be there at Infineon in March!!

Edited by Guest

JM....

I'll have to think about H1. Does not make much sense for me to race against you and Andrie and have you running 1.5-2 seconds a lap faster than me at T-hill...that's not racing. I'm not a hack, but you guys are exceptional, and much more experienced. IN USTCC I will be compteitive, same in STU in Norcal. If there were more cars it might make more sense. Brndon's car makes more sense for me as a 4-5 year investment for a ton of reasons, that's why I'm buying it and selling my car to Chris.

I hope to come out of hiding next year! Still have the Car, just needs a little tinkering.

Let me know if you need any help Chris...I can give you a hand. BTW, did you get that T-belt issue worked out?

Wow, Donna and JMer are in H2 for 2012? Heck, I think I'm going to be in then! I just moved back to California from overseas (been gone 4 years). FartMachine (Andrie's old H1 car from long time ago) blew its motor in 2007 and has been sitting. I can restore it to run H2.

Are you really going to race in H2? C'Mon!!! You're pulling our chain! You mean Andrie's old EG light blue car he ran before his White Civic SI (Downey's car now)? I won't believe it 'til I see it.

We will be racing the full season, just finished putting the B-17 together today, dyno next week and if it makes enough H/P test day soon after. We will be ready by the first regional in February. Donna and I are looking forward to being back in Honda Challenge! See ya all in February!

Good to hear that you guys will be in H2 for sure!! (Btw, I called you back and left a msg-I never heard back from you)

Looks like the deal is done...chris owns my old prelude, and I own his teg...which is still a H2 car. I may make a few races next year afterall.

SWEET!! Great to have you guys back!!

And I will be the new owner of Brandon's Prelude..cats out of the bag....so, some changes afoot! Also JM, why there is really no place for me to run with HC...there will be no H1 cars to race against. ... and then look at H1 just for nats when they are in the west.

You sold your Prelude (mikes old prelude) to Chris? And then bought Brandons?..No wonder you're considering racing USTCC. I can race with you in H1...less work for me-I won't have to spend money and find a H2-K20a3 engine. I'll just stick with my K24 in H1.

UPDATED: So far in Nor Cal in 2012 it's looking like:

H1-

Meris

Percy

Hartanto?

H2:

Donna G

Paul Garcia

"ILIKETODRIVE"-Doug

Jim?-aka "Calif Kid"

Frank Lin?--is this true??

Glenn S. (getting his license early 2012)-Sometimes will be sharing a familiar car in H2 with Meris

Chris S

Mike Lock

Chris Lock

Vic C

Let's ALL shoot to be there at Infineon in March for sure?

**Of course, Honda Challenge is just ONE BIG CLASS-as there are NO 2012 HC RULES, as of right now.

Yeah new tbelt, but the car still randomly shuts off after a few laps. Something electrical somewhere. Throws a code pointing to a bad sensor in the distr. Needs a new distr., maybe new engine harness also

Yeah new tbelt, but the car still randomly shuts off after a few laps. Something electrical somewhere. Throws a code pointing to a bad sensor in the distr. Needs a new distr., maybe new engine harness also

It's probably the crank cylinder sensor. I have a distributor AND and engine harness for the EK. Give me a call so we can get your car on the track!

It's probably the crank cylinder sensor. I have a distributor AND and engine harness for the EK. Give me a call so we can get your car on the track!

Ring Ring!!!!!

Does anyone know who the new Nor Cal HC director is going to be?

Also who is going to be our tech inspector for log books?

Brian Z is going to be a tough act to replace.

• 3 weeks later...
So far in Nor Cal in 2012 it's looking like:

H1-

Hartanto?

Kraus?

Meris?

H2:

Donna G

Paul Garcia

Percy

"ILIKETODRIVE"-sorry don't know your name

Jim?-aka "Calif Kid"

Meris?

Glenn S. (getting his license early 2012)

Chris S?

So who is actually going to show in February? Donna and Ron said they will be there. I will be there if I get my car finished and I can get over the summit. Anyone else committed?

As I mentioned on the first page of the post, I've been running HPDE-4, but will be switching over to TT at the start of 2012, and will see how my times do. I'm also going to go to the 'Art of Road Racing' in Jan at Thunderhill to get a little more track time and passing/braking in close quarters. I might get into w2w racing in HC (would run in H2), but I'm really not sure when. It is GREAT to see the HC car count going back up though!!

- Jim

As I mentioned on the first page of the post, I've been running HPDE-4, but will be switching over to TT at the start of 2012, and will see how my times do. I'm also going to go to the 'Art of Road Racing' in Jan at Thunderhill to get a little more track time and passing/braking in close quarters. I might get into w2w racing in HC (would run in H2), but I'm really not sure when. It is GREAT to see the HC car count going back up though!!

- Jim

Donna will be at the 'Art of Racing' as a driver coach, you should try and get her as your instructor, she will be driving our blue H2 B-17 powered DA #5, she is a great instructor.

Donna will be at the 'Art of Racing' as a driver coach, you should try and get her as your instructor, she will be driving our blue H2 B-17 powered DA #5, she is a great instructor.

Ron - thanks for the info. I'll send an e-mail requesting her as my instructor. - Jim

Ron - I wrote to Juan Pineda requesting Donna as my instructor, and he wrote back 'Donna is instructing. She's great! I can't put you in her sparring group this time around. I have you in another great group that I think you will really like.', so looks like she won't be instructing me, but I appreciate the offer. - Jim

Jmer: I bought FartMachine from Kenji in early 2007, I even did one race in HC with it in 2007 but the wasn't quite to my liking. The weakest part was the brake force/balance. I like to go deep and hard into the corners... anyway, here's proof I drove it in 2007:

62374_474789960357_646835357_7190917_955318_n.jpg

Fart Machine in 2007 drift practice @ buttonwillow. i was killing it that day with full speed faint drifts into most of the corner entries. it was awesome to feel at one with the car. It was drifted as full HC spec complete with Toyo R1's all around.

It's been collecting dust @ DNR for the last few years. So first weekend is in Feb?! I better get to it! It developed rod knock at Willow Springs (the big ass Accusump did NOT do its job) due to oil running low (motor was burning oil a bit), then my dumb ass tried to nurse it back to LA, stupid move. I blew a hole in the block like 3 miles from leaving Willow Springs. Man that was a NIGHTMARE day. Super crazy long story...

Anyway then at DNR some fools jumped the DNR fence at night and stole the top end assembly (header, head, IM/TB... etc). They even tried to steal the block until the they realize there's a huge hole in the block. LOL. I just have to throw back some long block, and a brake prop valve and get some new brake pads for it. I'll definitely try to come up for a shake down race in Feb. It'll be great to see anyone who's going to have in H2 this year.

I hope everyone comes out even if your car isn't ready yet. I'm really looking forward to getting my ass kicked by Ron and Donna. WOO HOO!!

Let's ALL shoot to be there at Infineon in March!!

Ahh, so at Infineon Feb 11/12 there won't be HC yet? More time to prep then. BTW I'm REALLY LIKING THE 2012 NORCAL Schedule. I love TH but it's a bit far. SP is better and closer there we're getting SP all year long. SO AWESOME.

2012 NASA Nor Cal Calendar

February 11: 2011 Season Awards Banquet

Infineon Raceway (yes, at the track!)

February 11-12 : HPDE / TT / Racing

Ralph Alexander Memorial Tribute

Infineon Raceway

March 10-11 : HPDE / TT / Racing

Infineon Raceway

April 14-15 : HPDE / TT / racing

Thunderhill Raceway Park

May 19-20 : HPDE / TT / racing

Thunderhill Raceway Park

June 16-17 : HPDE / TT / racing

Infineon Raceway

August 18-19 : HPDE / TT / racing

Thunderhill Raceway Park

September 29-30 : HPDE / TT / racing

Infineon Raceway

October 27-28 : HPDE / TT / racing

Infineon Raceway

November 9-11 : HPDE / TT / racing

Infineon Raceway

December 7-9: NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Thunderhill Raceway Park

unless it's a fire price sell i don't think it will fit my ghetto budget. j/k i'm in the business so i have lot of hookups for cheap B parts. thanks for the offer. good luck.

Guess I will have to run H1 if I want to Race, or ST2...USTCC won't allow the 4.6 FD, and I'm not going to pay to change it to a 4.2...the 4.6 works better with the motor at any rate. It's a new rule change.

Guess I will have to run H1 if I want to Race, or ST2...USTCC won't allow the 4.6 FD, and I'm not going to pay to change it to a 4.2...the 4.6 works better with the motor at any rate. It's a new rule change.

Aww man, that sucks. There's a HUGE (time) difference between 4.2 and 4.6 final drives-especially being on 17" tires. So in order to be legal in USTCC, you have to spend more money to go slower? I wonder why they omitted the open final drive rule?

It is too bad, Mike L. Was considering doing the season as a team with me. Looking over the $$ it does not make sense. Geting a new stock Diff, the Pre-season fees, and now finding out that entry to the WTCC race in Feb is 1000.00...that's three race weekends right there. I'm a rookie, I need to be thinking more about seat time, getting better in traffic etc, so I'm ethier going to race HC or PT/ST2, whatever seems to have the most representation at the races. I really don't want to start changing the car a bunch. there is also the option of SCCA STU when I get past my rookie permit. Meris, are you going to run H1? Andrie? Anyone else?

Hi All,

I'm new here, my name is Rob and I live in Modesto. I was hoping you could help me with some info...I want to spectate a couple events (probably go to Sears and/or Thunderhill), do you know if there is any cost associated with parking or entrance to the event? What is the schedule typically like, should one be there "bright and early" or does the racing not take place until later in the day? I also noticed a conflict in the scheduling for Feb 20, the calender in the Thunderhill page says it's a "Teen Car Control Clinic" and the the HC page has it as an event, is this a race or something else?

Any input is appreciated,

Thanks,

Rob

Geting a new stock Diff, the Pre-season fees, and now finding out that entry to the WTCC race in Feb is 1000.00...that's three race weekends right there.

Yeah USTCC costs a lot of money BEFORE you even show up to the track for the first race!! I'm not sure why the WTCC would cost more than the usual entry fee. It's NOT like the USTCC cars are racing with/against the WTCC cars (televised) are they? If they are, I might understand the increase in price, despite that the WTCC cars would blow away any legal USTCC car.

Also, the WTCC race is in february?? I thought it was in september?

I'm a rookie, I need to be thinking more about seat time, getting better in traffic etc,

Couldn't have been said any better. There's no replacement for seat time. Get that seat time in, and by the time I'm back on track, we can have a good (clean) race!!

so I'm ethier going to race HC or PT/ST2, whatever seems to have the most representation at the races. I really don't want to start changing the car a bunch. there is also the option of SCCA STU when I get past my rookie permit. Meris, are you going to run H1? Andrie? Anyone else?

Yes, I'll be running in H1 when my new car is finished. Unless something has changed with Andrie, as far as I know, until he sells his car, he'll be in H1.