Change of direction

johnalley

Well after spending hours trying to decide what to do with my 2004 Z06 TTA, or TTS I have come up with a solution. I am getting a T1 car from Phoenix for 2012. Everything already done all I need to do is drive. Will start in TTS and want to get into ST2 before year is over. I am located in northern Indiana and need to get the car its annual inspection for 2012, since I have only done HPDE 4 up to this point where can I get the anuual done on the car?

Touring doesn't let you do *that* many mods that it'd be hard to step back town to TTA/PTA specs I thought? $T2 is spendy...

We just had this conversation on another forum. To take a top prepped P/TTA car to a top TTS/ST2 car looks like about $30k. And I figure I could find somewhere to blow another $30k on top of that.

There's a legal car, then there's a prepped car. That's why ST has never appealed to me.

Congrats!

C5 T1 car?

leave the T1 bars on it, put 04Z shocks on it, C5Z springs (if it's got T1 springs) and just run it in PTA. A C5 T1 car is much closer to a PTA car than it is a fast ST2 car. Restrict a T1 car down to 8.7:1 for TTS, and it's = to a good PTA car.

John,

After seeing a lot of the good cars that are for sale I really think you can do better than a Phoenix T1 car - especially if your planning on running in the MW/GL regions. I can understand why you would want to buy a Phoenix T1 car, because of there re-sale mainly, but the C5 will no longer be eligible for T1 after 2014. SCCA may try to find a place for it, but then again they may not. For the same $30k there are some cars out there that already have aero, coil overs, upgraded bushings and drivetrians and have proven to be quick in ST2 - there are at least 2 cars in the SE that you could get for that price.

I just think that there are enough ST2 converted T1 cars that already have more car per $$$ than the Pheonix T1 cars. If you are planning on running ST2 why not start with an ST2 car? A T1 car is a better PTA car than ST2 car - you will have to spend more $$$ on the T1 car to get it to where you want to be. With a ST2 car you will be a lot closer to where you want to be.

Touring doesn't let you do *that* many mods that it'd be hard to step back town to TTA/PTA specs I thought? $T2 is spendy...

We just had this conversation on another forum. To take a top prepped P/TTA car to a top TTS/ST2 car looks like about $30k. And I figure I could find somewhere to blow another $30k on top of that.

There's a legal car, then there's a prepped car. That's why ST has never appealed to me.

Far more if you pay someone else to do the work.

After this past weekend, it looks like I would still be $30k short.

Yep... as much as I would like to run ST2 I just don't have the budget at all. In light of the new 255 rules I'm going to take off my spoiler and T1 bars and run 275s and stay PTA/TTA.

Yep... as much as I would like to run ST2 I just don't have the budget at all. In light of the new 255 rules I'm going to take off my spoiler and T1 bars and run 275s and stay PTA/TTA.

How much for the spoiler?

Vultures.

I'm not selling it just yet. If I do I'll let you know.

Ask me tomorrow and I'll have changed my mind and be looking for a ACI waxer chin spoiler to mod into front aero and some used coil-overs etc.

Before buying any SCCA legal car make sure the cage meets NASA regs. They are different! A legal SCCA cage may not always pass a NASA tech inspection.

Aqua Joe is a great guy and his builds are top shelf but I have personally seen some of their cages that while meeting SCCA regs will not meet NASA rules. Mainly the issues have been diagonal tubes and rear facing down tubes. attaching per the NASA rules. SCCA is more lax in this regard. Not lax in a "its unsafe" way necessarily, just that NASA's rule is more restrictive and gives more specific "do this" or "don't do that".

Before buying any SCCA legal car make sure the cage meets NASA regs. They are different! A legal SCCA cage may not always pass a NASA tech inspection.

Aqua Joe is a great guy and his builds are top shelf but I have personally seen some of their cages that while meeting SCCA regs will not meet NASA rules. Mainly the issues have been diagonal tubes and rear facing down tubes. attaching per the NASA rules. SCCA is more lax in this regard. Not lax in a "its unsafe" way necessarily, just that NASA's rule is more restrictive and gives more specific "do this" or "don't do that".

especially what goes through firewall.