Helmet Question

n80

I use a head sock to keep my helmet lining from getting funky, and wash that. I let the helmet air out overnight when I get home before putting it away.

you know...this is GREAT info about the helmets. I was just planning on using one of my Motorcycle helmets... Then I got to thinking Id better try it out first.

Well, in the small cock-pit of my car it almost hit everytime I moved! LOL AND, the face shield fogged up immediately too! I know they make some good

anti-fog wipes (had to use them when it rained) But, I am thinking I will try the open-faced route as well. When I advance in skill level and speeds tho, I will

probably go back to a full-face... I am sure I would want that extra protection if Shit happened! LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Joshua is right - the fit is extremely important. - Jim

I've done some more searching. Can't find anything via Google yet. But, just like any clothing and such you buy online I can send stuff back if it doesn't fit right.

The G-Force that I borrowed fit very nicely. I never felt uncomfortable or encumbered.

The Bell Sport has interchangeable cheek pads which might help make a perfect fit.

Here is the information on sizing from Bell:

http://www.bellracing.com/about/sizing

I purchased the Bell from Discovery Parts. As a side note, my wife said that whoever she talked to at Discovery was extremely helpful and nice and the helmet arrived before she even got off the phone with them (not really but it was like 2 days). So here is another endorsement for Discovery.

Anyway, based on measurements I should have ordered a medium but because the G-Force that I'd borrowed before was a large and fit well, I ordered the large Bell. And it fits perfectly even when I do the tests to confirm fit. So I'm happy with that.

Now I just need to dress it up a bit. Anyone know where I can get a "Captain Slow" decal?

It's recommended to buy a helmet on the snug side since they loosen up with age. Mine was a little tight when I bought it but now it fits perfectly.

I guess mine could get too loose. By that time I'm sure I'll need a Nomex balaclava which should help snug it up.

Oh, and another plug for Discovery Parts: My wife mentioned NASA-SE and got 10% off plus a helmet bag. Nice touch.