Instructor Requirements

MYRX

My pleasure Ben. That last session I rode with you on Sunday was one of the highlights of the weekend.

If I can at CMP, I will definitely take a ride with you or vice versa. I am going through Comp School that weekend and racing, so I am not sure how that can work if I am not instructing.

-Kevin

I will see what I can do to keep the paying customers happy..

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Varkwso

• trhoads

• brkntrxn

• drivinhardz06

FYI I'm more than up for a ride along with any of ya

Many years ago I was a Deputy Sheriff in Kittitas County Washington and they had the professional rodeo come to town. Think about entering a rowdy bar full of cowboys not afraid of 2000 pound killer bulls and asking them to quit fighting when the most you can use is a PR24. That is like riding with the Mafia...

Many years ago I was a Deputy Sheriff in Kittitas County Washington and they had the professional rodeo come to town. Think about entering a rowdy bar full of cowboys not afraid of 2000 pound killer bulls and asking them to quit fighting when the most you can use is a PR24. That is like riding with the Mafia...

Working a new sig pic as we speak!!!!

I just think it would be a blast to ride with people that drive so much better than I do and have so much more car than I have ... I've been in a car with James Clay (bimmerworld) at VIR ... this at my first track day ever ... George Foreman couldn't have knocked the smile off my face

Many many many many many many many many years ago I was a Deputy Sheriff in Kittitas County Washington and they had the professional rodeo come to town. Think about entering a rowdy bar full of cowboys not afraid of 2000 pound killer bulls and asking them to quit fighting when the most you can use is a PR24. That is like riding with the non-white car Mafia...

Corrected for accuracy....

I want some ride-alongs at CMP! I ain't skeered

Get in with me. You will be, I promise.

I rode with Nick McKay at CMP, so like Ben said, I doubt I'll be skeered.

Cool.

Knock another three seconds or more off that lap time in a car with less tire and no aero and see what you think. I am not saying anything against Nick, just giving you some perspective to our lap times. My 1:45 laps are fun. My 1:41 laps were exciting. My 1:40 lap scared me --- and I was driving.

Cool.

Knock another three seconds or more off that lap time in a car with less tire and no aero and see what you think. I am not saying anything against Nick, just giving you some perspective to our lap times. My 1:45 laps are fun. My 1:41 laps were exciting. My 1:40 lap scared me --- and I was driving.

I understand that b/c we are talking about totally different cars here. I can't wait for a ride along! (I'll actually be driving a TTS car sometime in the near future!!)

One of these days I want a ride in a "cheater car" at speed. I'd love to see what boosted AWD feels like on the track. It's gotta be the closest thing to a cat on carpet!!!

Hard to get scared at CMP, top speed there is about what we are doing coming through T12 at RA

Only a few places to stuff it badly at CMP. But I have seen most of them. T3, and the trees, eats the most cars.

Hard to get scared at CMP, top speed there is about what we are doing coming through T12 at RA

Only a few places to stuff it badly at CMP. But I have seen most of them. T3, and the trees, eats the most cars.

Almost PUNTED a very slow moving white FRC one time at T1.... Going "flat" across the kink can have less than undesirable effects as well.

Almost PUNTED a very slow moving white FRC one time at T1.... Going "flat" across the kink can have less than undesirable effects as well.

Lucky for me the tower was a witness. Seems there were no brake lights on the white car till one to go.or so and he went deep to keep from contact...

Hawaiian style driving I guess.

Going "flat" across the kink can have less than undesirable effects as well.

really not to hard to take the kink flat out... you just gotta drive a car that doesn't go very fast no matter what you do ... 119 whp CRX

really not to hard to take the kink flat out... you just gotta drive a car that doesn't go very fast no matter what you do ... 119 whp CRX

128hp Subaru!...................................................until your friend wrecks it at RA.

128hp Subaru!...................................................until your friend wrecks it at RA.

that car was 128HP? Must be getting everything out of all 128...Elliott went by my student like we were sitting still...in our 71 Datsun.

Spruill242

I know they sound like they're missing on a cylinder. But are you sure it isn't at 128hp? I don't know the specs on a base WRX but I thought they made a little more than that.

Back on topic. I got my Instructor license at the beginning of last year. I'm still enjoying it. It's taken a bit to learn that each student isn't going to react in similar ways to the same teaching technique. But once that lightbulb clicked for me it made instructing much more fun. I end up just asking how they tend to learn knew things. Do they need to write it down? Then I have them talk their way around the track. Do they need to see someone do it? Then I give them a ride around the track in my car. If they need to hear it repeated then I continually talk them through the course and use track maps a lot. Either way I've always made it a priority to laugh and have fun. If my student gets the car a little sideways I like to ask them how their underwear is doing. It easies the nervousness some get after upsetting the car. Just my 2 cents from a rookie instructor.

I have registered for the instructors clinic in March. Assuming that I am cleared on Friday afternoon to become an instructor, what is the time frame before I begin instructing? Would/could I start instructing the next day on Saturday? How does it work? I am asking because I do intend to run TTS on Saturday/Sunday. How would you recommend that I register? Thanks, all of your responses have been most helpful.

I have registered for the instructors clinic in March. Assuming that I am cleared on Friday afternoon to become an instructor, what is the time frame before I begin instructing? Would/could I start instructing the next day on Saturday? How does it work? I am asking because I do intend to run TTS on Saturday/Sunday. How would you recommend that I register? Thanks, all of your responses have been most helpful.

Normally the same weekend.

mcmmotorsports

I hope you mean a FORMER friend.

GeneSplicer

Normally the same weekend.

Perfect - I'm in, see you guys there

I know they sound like they're missing on a cylinder. But are you sure it isn't at 128hp? I don't know the specs on a base WRX but I thought they made a little more than that.

It was a 2.5 RS (2.5 N/A)... 170 crank hp equates to about 130-ish at the wheels. WRX (2.0 turbo) was 227 crank hp that equates to about 165-170 wheel hp...these are the 2002 specs.