20x10.5 tire options

Full of Days

I understand I am very limited on what track tyres I can run on a 20x10.5 wheel on all four corners but I'd like to know what options are out there. I'm running a 275/35/20 F and 295/40/20 R right now in the Nitto Invo which is more summer street than track and would like to step up to a stickier compound that doesnt get super greasy.

Thanks!

The only thing I could find in my quick search of the internets was Toyo R888's. They're a DOT-R Compound w/ a 100 Treadwear Rating in 285 that would fit you rim. Not much of a DD tire.

My suggestion is get an extra set of smaller wheels, 19" = more options, 18" = tons of options.

I ran the Nitto R2 for a long time good tire. Just for you information you will become a better driver in the long run if you learn to drive on a street tire. Sticky tires hide mistakes so you think you are a better drive than you really are.

Thanks for the suggestions. I hear the R888's are great but dont have many heat cycles in them... I might give the R2's a go for my next set. I'm not interested in jumping into an R compound as these tyres are more than sufficient for my skill level at the present.

. I'm running a 275/35/20 F and 295/40/20 R .

You might want to think about a set of track wheels a size that has more options in tire choice. Also might be a less expensive in the long run. I would think something in a 18" wheel might work better than the 20".

I heard that bridgestone was releasing a potenza in 20 inch diameter that would be a decent track day tire. I'm not sure if its an RE-11 or what though... anyone in the know regarding the b'stones?