Alteration of inner fender wheels

kjbrew01

There was additional clarification made this year to

No points modificaiton

Body

2) Flared fenders (Alteration of the inner aspect of fender wells is not permitted, ie. “tubbing”)

I belive this comment exsisted somewhere else in earlier rules. This rule would mean any hammering or clearancing in the inside of the fender wheels onto the unibody, and not the fender component would be illegal. This is simple on the front of the car, dont touch the body only the fender, on the rear of the car not so much. On my car the rear quarter panels (fenders) have two pieces. A outside skin and the inside panel which is spot welded. In order to flare the rear fenders I have to cut the inside panel because it extends inwards flat with the bottom of the outside skin.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/EPC/291420/catalog.aspx?F=6101&P=2

Also I belive hammering factory metal half an inch is different than full out tubbing so I am curious to hear the intent of this rule.

I believe the intent is to prevent cutting and removing OEM metal from the inner fender wells. I would think minor massaging would be OK as long as the structural integrity is not compromised.