Sign in to follow this  
sydewaysix

Why is HPDE 3 only offered as saturday AND sunday?

sydewaysix

Just wondering why HPDE 3 for Infineon on February 11 & 12 is only offered if you register for both days? Is HPDE 3 always like this? I'd hate to pay for two days when I can only go to one

Calif_Kid

Good question... I'll probably be going into TT, and it is a little strange as they have HPDE-4 for Saturday only (cost $179), and TT for Sunday only (cost $179) , but don't have either listed for Saturday plus Sunday for either at a discount. I'll go ahead and contact Jerry Kunzman and see what he says about HPDE-3, HPDE-4, and TT for the event. - Jim

Calif_Kid

I got an e-mail back from Jerry saying that he'll take a look at these questions on Monday. - Jim

sydewaysix
I got an e-mail back from Jerry saying that he'll take a look at these questions on Monday. - Jim

I hope he changes it. I really want to run HPDE3 on either day, but can't make it on both. Crossing my fingers...

jrlz0306
Good question... I'll probably be going into TT, and it is a little strange as they have HPDE-4 for Saturday only (cost $179), and TT for Sunday only (cost $179) , but don't have either listed for Saturday plus Sunday for either at a discount. I'll go ahead and contact Jerry Kunzman and see what he says about HPDE-3, HPDE-4, and TT for the event. - Jim

Yeah, it would be nice to TT on both days considering we are going for points and tire contingency

John TTS #17

sydewaysix

Anyonr have an update on this? Looks like registration hasn't chanegd yet . I'm REALLY hoping that Jerry changes this soon. I want to plan that weekend accordingly since I can only go one day

jrlz0306
Anyonr have an update on this? Looks like registration hasn't chanegd yet . I'm REALLY hoping that Jerry changes this soon. I want to plan that weekend accordingly since I can only go one day

Don't know about group 3 but Jerry sent an email saying 4 and TT will only run one day. He said they will they do this to try and improve the numbers in these groups. HUH! The reason the numbers are down is because he starting combining 4/TT which made it worse for both groups! TT always has 30-45 in the group, not enough numbers? It is sad that we are getting screwed by the guy who runs whole NASA organization It is BS, when we run at Thill by ourselves they say its because we made numbers, when we have the same numbers or more at every event. Gimme a break

John

TTS#17

Calif_Kid

Jim,

Help build a full HPDE 4 and TT groups and we’ll split them with two days again.

HPDE 3 is a two day event. Spaces left at the 10 day mark will open up for Sat-only. If you want Sunday only, we can make that exception for you since you’re qualified.

Jerry

*********************************************************************************

Jerry,

For HPDE-4 running Saturday only, and TT running Sunday only, I asked someone in the TT group, and they said that this is experimental for Feb and March, and isn't a typo, so that explains that. It will be great if you can get back to having HPDE-4 for Sat + Sun though. It looks like the TT group size started increasing last year, so hopefully they can have their own run group, but having them run with HPDE-4 wasn't that bad - in HPDE-4, I definitely would prefer running with TT vs just being able to run Saturday only for the weekend. I should be ready for TT quite soon (probably next event), so I can always run HPDE-4 and then TT, but I feel bad for the HPDE-4 only drivers.

HPDE-3 is only showing Sat+Sun for the Feb and March Infineon events, while HPDE-2 shows Sat, Sun, and Sat+Sun. Is HPDE-3 supposed to also offer Saturday or Sunday only (individually)? Someone asked about that in the Nasa Norcal forum, so I said I would check with you and post a reply in that forum. Thanks!! - Jim

Calif_Kid

Jim,

There is no special number, but probably about 40 drivers not including instructors.

You’re timing on this is just right. I moved some stuff around and I am opening up HPDE 4 for both days as well as TT as separate groups.

- Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks for the info on this. I posted some of the info in Nasa Forums Norcal section, so the person asking about HPDE-3 only being listed for the full weekend will know what is going on.

What size do the HPDE-4 and TT groups need to be to be considered full enough to get their own run groups?

- Jim

sydewaysix

Thanks for the info Jim! I'm still crossing my fingers in hopes that saturday-only opens up earlier than 10 days prior. C'mon Jerry!!!

sydewaysix

well, it looks like you guys both lucked out! Registration is open for HPDE4 Sat, Sun, Sat & Sun, and same goes for TT. Now I'm scratching my head as to why HPDE 3 is being excluded from being opened up the same way

Calif_Kid

Concerning HPDE-3, Jerry wrote 'HPDE 3 is a two day event. Spaces left at the 10 day mark will open up for Sat-only. If you want Sunday only, we can make that exception for you since you’re qualified'.

When I was last running HPDE-3, they had limited passing the first session on Saturday (passing on just some of the straights), and then opened the passing for more of the straights, and then to include the braking zones, and finally open passing. I believe because of that graduated passing they really didn't want to have people sign up for just Sunday, but if you have enough experience in HPDE-3, they might make an exception and allow someone to just run on Sunday (if they offered that in the registration). It would be nice if they offered Saturday only, plus Saturday+Sunday for HPDE-3, but it looks like they want to see if they can fill up the group for Saturday+Sunday, then for this event, if it isn't full 10 days before the event, then they'll open up Saturday only for HPDE-3. If you have any questions or comments, I really suggest just e-mailing Jerry. - Jim