'03 Honda S2000 Track Day Rolling Chassis for sale

Richard EVO

My track day 2003 S2000 AP1 Suzuka Blue is for sale as a rolling chassis with 87,000 miles. I blew the motor at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway recently. The head is rebuildable, but it needs a new short block. This car is well sorted and would make a great platform for someone wanting to build something special to put under the hood, or just putting a 2004 - 2005 2.2 liter AP2 block and keeping the AP1 head and gearing. Nothing else is wrong with the car. I really love this car, and its a hoot to drive on track. I have tracked many other cars including NSX, Corvette, Evo, 350Z, Miata and Audi S4. My AP1 is by far my favorite track car. I would keep it and replace the motor, but I have decided to go a different direction, and will be buying an open-wheel formula race car.

Location: Los Angeles area (currently Winnetka, will be moving car soon to Redondo Beach or Encino)

Means of Contact: email: [email protected]

Price: $8,000 firm

Equipment

JRZ Pro RS double adjustable (compression and rebound) coil over suspension with 750 lb. front and 650 lb. rear springs -- This is a $5,000 suspension that has been on the car less than a year.

Jay's front camber joints and Megan rear toe rods (aka bump steer kit)

Seibon carbon-fiber CR style rear wing

Six 949Racing 6ULR 17" x 9" lightweight racing wheels (5 are tungsten and 1 is bronze) all shod with NT-01. 4 of the tires have a good amount of track life left.

Custom front brake ducting kit by Tony Fuchs Racing

Raybestos ST-43 racing brake pads at all 4 corners, and Motul RBF 600 brake fluid

Custom 4-point rollbar built by member s2Kdude

Cobra Evo racing seat with head side halos (this was $1,000 seat when new)

Schroth 6-point harness with 3" belts

Safety Solutions R3 head neck protection device -- complies with SFI 38.1 and better than a Hans device

Cool Suit system installed (almost new) -- ice chest, pump, hoses, electrical wiring with on/off switch and mounting bracket (you just need to buy your own Cool Shirt vest)

Interior and trunk stripped out -- no carpets, sound deadening material, center console, door panels or interior trim panels (but stereo and air conditioner still work)

Soft top has custom Lexan rear window

Curb weight approx. 2,700 lbs.

Gutted cat

Oil catch can with external level tube

5 lb. fire extinguisher mounted on aluminum quick-release bracket

Comes with some original parts including stock suspension and both driver and passenger seats, center console, and 8 extra wheels and tires (wheels are 4 AP2 V.1 OEM wheels, and 4 AP1 OEM wheels)

Car is currently registered and insured and I drive it on the street, back and forth to the track

In the interest of full disclosure, there is a little bit of a crease on the left front fender and the front bumper is scratched up from a minor on-track incident -- we just pulled out the fender and it is fine, but does not look perfect.

P1011173.jpg

S2000Laguna8-11profile.jpg

P1011172.jpg

S2000Laguna8-11rear.jpg

Pics of car after engine blew:

rs1.jpg

rs2.jpg

rs3.jpg

rs4.jpg

rs5.jpg

rs6.jpg

rs7.jpg