Az vs So-Cal inter-regional challenge?

944-Spec#94

Some of you may remember we and Az vs So-cal southwest championship series af few years back. That consisted of 8 races and 4 events. 2 events in So-cal and 2 events in Arizona with typically 2 events in spring and 2 in fall.

Seems like we can do the same for 2012 as we have already had the 2 spring events plannned.

Event 1 Feb 4-5 at Chuckwalla - Az hosted

Event 2 March 3-4 at Autoclub - So-Cal hosted

Event 3 So-cal TBD

Event 4 Az TBD

We can create a simple points race among the 8 races and findout who is the fasted 944 racer in the desert. Who is game?

Unfortunately, the prior attempt petered out. As I recall, the last attempt had only two drivers to run in both places, Dave Hauck and me. Dave won the series and never got his trophy. The problem is that the tow to either Az. or So. Cal. is too long for most. Auto Club is the closest for Az. guys and yet very few come over. Everything else is much farther for them. With PIR gone, Chuckwalla is closest but is quite a tow for most in So Cal and there are no facilities there. Firebird is much farther and the tracks are not very fun. Indy takes forever to get to. With the economy as it is, most are having to be selective on which events to go to. I wish it weren't so but.......

However, good luck with it.

Big Dog