getfast

Homestead March 10-11 registration is OPEN

Joshua
3/16" side glass is about 2.5 lbs per square foot, so there is a little bit of weight there. It's less than most people think, although you are likely looking at 10-12 lbs per door, plus the power actuator.

I have a 4'x2'11" piece of leftover 3/16" Lexan from my rear window project if anyone is interested in it.

dew-e

Remove every wire that you no longer need...radio, speakers, etc. Rather than hacking them out, expose the entire wiring harness and un-pin each wire from its plug, one at a time.

Who says that you even need the dashboard? I cut my dash shell in half, and ditched the passenger-side dash structure. Just a pod on the driver's side now.

Now that you are going to be employed you probably wouldn't have time to help me with this project would you? I'm dreading ripping into my wiring harness. Everything electrical inside the car has been removed, but the connectors/wiring is still all intact just bundled together and pushed under the dash. I need to find 100# to get out of my car to get to my minimum competition weight. I figure there might be about 40-50# without buying composite panels. Hadn't even thought about cutting down the dashboard, but it is coming out here in the next week or so to get a good look at the wiring mess underneath.

I have wiring, heater core, and rear lexan left to do.

Josh- If nobody else takes you up on that lexan sooner, I could probably use that to replace my side pop-out windows. I'll be at the 12hr, and also the Sebring event two weeks later.

TurboShortBus
Now that you are going to be employed you probably wouldn't have time to help me with this project would you? I'm dreading ripping into my wiring harness. Everything electrical inside the car has been removed, but the connectors/wiring is still all intact just bundled together and pushed under the dash. I need to find 100# to get out of my car to get to my minimum competition weight. I figure there might be about 40-50# without buying composite panels. Hadn't even thought about cutting down the dashboard, but it is coming out here in the next week or so to get a good look at the wiring mess underneath.

I have wiring, heater core, and rear lexan left to do.

I have until January 30 to complete car projects! I should still have my nights and weekends free as well. I'll be in Daytona on January 27-29, though. Give me a call and let me know when you're tinkering with it.

Mark

Mrsideways
I signed up with the S2k. That way it will force me to get it ready by march.

Nice! Another TTC car!

Is Chi and Peter also planning on attenting?

I'm thinking TTC but depends on the car count

Maybe Vic and I could also switch up to TTC . Carmine - how about you too?

Mini should be running next week. We took it back to how it was (kinda.... add built motor that took no points hehe). So that could show in TTC with a fair bit more power and 140lbs less weight.

Everyone quit your worrying about banking. It's Brainless, I drove it last weekend with SCCA.

Balroks

How fast were you getting up to on (i'm assuming) R6's at the end of the bank?

Mrsideways

Flat on the floor the whole way around the S2000 was about 120 through the banking and 132 peak speed on front straight. I could take turn one flat but I couldn't stop for turn 2 if I did. Car actually lost rpm in the middle of the banking (tq less POS). Ran a 1:31.8 lap time. HEHE which makes it faster then a grand am ST car with Less Hp and more weight.... Ya ya I'm on R6's.

obzezzed350

You racing? I dont think Jim (Porsche) is planning to attend if the banking is used due to gearing issues, I think he runs out of gear at 130. If he doesnt, Ill see what ST2 looks like

Mrsideways

You racing? I dont think Jim (Porsche) is planning to attend if the banking is used due to gearing issues, I think he runs out of gear at 130. If he doesnt, Ill see what ST2 looks like

His car was quite a bit faster in a straight line then mine so he'll probably see 130 just as he exits the banking. My car found 300rpm from the center of the banking to the exit. If he runs a slightly taller tire he'll be fine.

Balroks

Yes I plan on it. Gotta get everything sorted, revert fuel system, dyno, tech, blah blah. Just found 2 nice holes in the radiator the other night too . No time or money for doing the gearbox so if it lasts I'll likely be able to shift to 5th mid way on the back straight and go around 100 laps and maybe gain 500 rpm lol. You still gonna run the 245's?

obzezzed350
Yes I plan on it. Gotta get everything sorted, revert fuel system, dyno, tech, blah blah. Just found 2 nice holes in the radiator the other night too . No time or money for doing the gearbox so if it lasts I'll likely be able to shift to 5th mid way on the back straight and go around 100 laps and maybe gain 500 rpm lol. You still gonna run the 245's?

Yessir, Brooke is going to be ready to play

l30thelion

Mini should be running next week. We took it back to how it was (kinda.... add built motor that took no points hehe). So that could show in TTC with a fair bit more power and 140lbs less weight.

Everyone quit your worrying about banking. It's Brainless, I drove it last weekend with SCCA.

Wow, the Mini will be very quick. This is just a wild guess but I'm thinking based on the 1:43.88 you ran a few years ago, that you will be in the mid to high 39s? The 140lbs difference would yield somewhere around 2.0-2.5secs, add the hp increase for another 2 secs? What are you shooting for (knowing you it will probably be a 38flat)?

obzezzed350

Wow, the Mini will be very quick. This is just a wild guess but I'm thinking based on the 1:43.88 you ran a few years ago, that you will be in the mid to high 39s? The 140lbs difference would yield somewhere around 2.0-2.5secs, add the hp increase for another 2 secs? What are you shooting for (knowing you it will probably be a 38flat)?

Dont drive yourself crazy with the math...just know everyone is racing for second

l30thelion
Dont drive yourself crazy with the math...just know everyone is racing for second

Right, just doing the math....trying to figure out how far behind I'll be....1 or 2 secs (in 3rd place behind Ian/Vic) depending on the weather that day

Edited by Guest

wpbcobra

Right, just doing the math....trying to figure out how far behind I'll be....1 or 2 secs depending on the weather that day

once you take that weight out you r looking for your prob going to be right around his time. guess your going back up to C

l30thelion

Right, just doing the math....trying to figure out how far behind I'll be....1 or 2 secs depending on the weather that day

once you take that weight out you r looking for your prob going to be right around his time. guess your going back up to C

If I can somehow the Z down to 3005lbs, the ratio would be close to TTC limit also, I think I could do a 39.9.....based on the "math" its "possible".

I was thinking that adding power and lowering weight would put the Mini out of TTC basd on wt/hp ratio? I believe the previous classing was 2650lbs/216hp (12.26 which is right at the limit of TTC). At 2513lbs/246hp its more like a TTA car (10.22)? I guess you were way overweight and underpowered for the classification you were given.

BTW, I love "doing the math," its keeps me from going crazy waiting for the next event

Edited by Guest

TurboShortBus

For 2012, I require all TT cars with dyno re-classes to complete and submit Appendix C (Appendix A for PT) with their classification forms, so we will know the adjusted weight/power ratios of all dyno-classed cars.

I will likely borrow a page from the NASA-SE TT book fairly soon and require all podium finishers to have dyno sheets on file, even if they are not re-classed. You know who you are...

Mark

kbrew8991

how are you getting 10.22? Even if you put it on wider than 275s you've still got the FWD "credit" that helps the car out. At 2513, 245s or smaller, and FWD I'm seeing 230whp as the max for TTC (comes out at 12.026 adjusted). And thats whp, if that 246 is crank then....

Mrsideways

That 1:43.8 was on Stock Suspension, with Bolt on header and exhaust on 7 inch wide wheels. Car I believe made 172whp that weekend IIRC.

In TTC trim when I went to nationals the car was 2650 and 210whp 180 tq with 8 inch wheels.

I've done the Math and removing some parts that won't effect much and running the built motor on the stock cam I can get into C at 245whp 210tq and 2575lbs with 9 inch wheels. The bottom end will allow me to run it a lot hotter with the race gas and not need to take points for the water meth anymore. That and Mini ECU's have come a long way since to control it and stop the car from trying to protect it's self when it sees high IAT's. Reason I ran the Dyno reclass back in 2009 was that I needed the cam and water meth to make up for the bottom end being a 100,000 mile engine that was quite weak.

Some STU cars ran down there with the SCCA a few weeks ago and ran 1:36's on the club course. Those same cars do 2:30 at sebring.

Edited by Guest

kbrew8991

also didn't hurt that you were wheeling the crap out of it

l30thelion
how are you getting 10.22? Even if you put it on wider than 275s you've still got the FWD "credit" that helps the car out. At 2513, 245s or smaller, and FWD I'm seeing 230whp as the max for TTC (comes out at 12.026 adjusted). And thats whp, if that 246 is crank then....

Ooops, I was just using raw ratio.

So, based on my own example (which is just an estimate of what it might end up being):

2513/246 = 10.22 + 1 (FWD) = 11.22 + .8 (<= 245mm) = 12.01 - .7 (wt <= 2550) = 11.31

So as you rightly say, at 2513/230, it would be 12.02.

If its considered a 5-door Wagon (not sure it is), then add .4 to the equation.

Damn it will be quick.

l30thelion

That 1:43.8 was on Stock Suspension, with Bolt on header and exhaust on 7 inch wide wheels. Car I believe made 172whp that weekend IIRC.

In TTC trim when I went to nationals the car was 2650 and 210whp 180 tq with 8 inch wheels.

I've done the Math and removing some parts that won't effect much and running the built motor on the stock cam I can get into C at 245whp 210tq and 2575lbs with 9 inch wheels. The bottom end will allow me to run it a lot hotter with the race gas and not need to take points for the water meth anymore. That and Mini ECU's have come a long way since to control it and stop the car from trying to protect it's self when it sees high IAT's. Reason I ran the Dyno reclass back in 2009 was that I needed the cam and water meth to make up for the bottom end being a 100,000 mile engine that was quite weak.

Some STU cars ran down there with the SCCA a few weeks ago and ran 1:36's on the club course. Those same cars do 2:30 at sebring.

Sweet Jesus!

Mrsideways

The Banking is suppose to be 3-4 seconds quicker then the club course. S2000 did a 1:31.8 on the banking. That's a 1:35 club course time.... FYI

Math I got was

TTC 12:00

-1 (fwd) 11:00

-.8 (small tires) 10.2

+.3 (over 2550lbs) 10.5

2575/10.5lbs = 245.24whp

kbrew8991

your weight factor is off, I see 0.65 which would make the max whp at that weight 237whp. 0.30 would be if you're in TTS/U/R - different weight tables for those classes.

Edited by Guest

Mrsideways
your weight factor might is off, I see 0.65 which would make the max whp at that weight 237whp. 0.30 would be if you're in TTS/U/R - different weight tables for those classes.

Whatever. still gonna be faster then it was.

kbrew8991

sounds like it