getfast

Homestead March 10-11 registration is OPEN

obzezzed350

I think its more than 3-4 seconds. Steinhoff was running T3 trim a few weekends ago on the club course and was turning 1:40s IIRC. Same car was doing 1:33s on the banking last weekend.

l30thelion
your weight factor is off, I see 0.65 which would make the max whp at that weight 237whp. 0.30 would be if you're in TTS/U/R - different weight tables for those classes.

Yes, maybe you should run the car in TTR instead of TTC They are running in the mid 1:35s

aceking66

Mini should be running next week. We took it back to how it was (kinda.... add built motor that took no points hehe). So that could show in TTC with a fair bit more power and 140lbs less weight.

Everyone quit your worrying about banking. It's Brainless, I drove it last weekend with SCCA.

Wow, the Mini will be very quick. This is just a wild guess but I'm thinking based on the 1:43.88 you ran a few years ago, that you will be in the mid to high 39s? The 140lbs difference would yield somewhere around 2.0-2.5secs, add the hp increase for another 2 secs? What are you shooting for (knowing you it will probably be a 38flat)?

That 1:43.8 was on Stock Suspension, with Bolt on header and exhaust on 7 inch wide wheels. Car I believe made 172whp that weekend IIRC.

In TTC trim when I went to nationals the car was 2650 and 210whp 180 tq with 8 inch wheels.

I've done the Math and removing some parts that won't effect much and running the built motor on the stock cam I can get into C at 245whp 210tq and 2575lbs with 9 inch wheels. The bottom end will allow me to run it a lot hotter with the race gas and not need to take points for the water meth anymore. That and Mini ECU's have come a long way since to control it and stop the car from trying to protect it's self when it sees high IAT's. Reason I ran the Dyno reclass back in 2009 was that I needed the cam and water meth to make up for the bottom end being a 100,000 mile engine that was quite weak.

Some STU cars ran down there with the SCCA a few weeks ago and ran 1:36's on the club course. Those same cars do 2:30 at sebring.

That freakin thing is fast tons of torque got to ride in it...... but i thought the baby is on the way so no homestead for you Ian if you come better stay away from TTC!!

Mrsideways
I think its more than 3-4 seconds. Steinhoff was running T3 trim a few weekends ago on the club course and was turning 1:40s IIRC. Same car was doing 1:33s on the banking last weekend.

Buzz Marcus ran a 1:36 on the club course and same car did a 1:34 on the banking (STU Rx-8)

I think the type of car makes a difference. If it's a more Handing the HP car it's gonna be a smaller difference. If it's got a lot more power then handling (T3 car) it's gonna be a bigger difference cause they can't do the infield that fast.

l30thelion
That freakin thing is fast tons of torque got to ride in it...... but i thought the baby is on the way so no homestead for you Ian if you come better stay away from TTC!!

Ban Minis! (oh crap, then he'll just show up in a different car......ban him from TTC!)

wpbcobra

Ban Minis! (oh crap, then he'll just show up in a different car......ban him from TTC!)

Than we need to ban 350z from TTD lol

beaner

i'll be there in my new (to me) MINI. i'm not in Ian's league, but i look forward to getting on the track and having some fun. i will be going w2w when i'm ready.

greg

Balroks
i'll be there in my new (to me) MINI. i'm not in Ian's league, but i look forward to getting on the track and having some fun. i will be going w2w when i'm ready.

greg

PT....C?

obzezzed350

greg

Very cool! Looking forward to having you in the race group!

beaner

Thanks for the warm welcome.

PTA or GTS4 as it sits now. Probably too many points for PT. We will see. A little detune and some weight could get me in GTS3.

I will run in DMod with BMWCCA. I don't want a completely different car for NASA.

I'll be at Sebring at the end of March too.

obzezzed350

GTS is pretty sparse. PTA has at least 2 cars per event, myself included, see if you make it work! If you point out of PT, you can run ST2, which is a weight/hp cap similar to GTS.

Balroks
GTS is pretty sparse. PTA has at least 2 cars per event, myself included, see if you make it work! If you point out of PT, you can run ST2, which is a weight/hp cap similar to GTS.

Pretty much, do the math, fill out the form, and race.

beaner

i stopped by the last event at Homestead to check things out and say hi. a lot of classes were pretty sparse! i will just run the car as it sits while getting a comp license. i will consult with Ian about "spending my points". he seems to know the system and the MINI well.

beaner

Pretty much, do the math, fill out the form, and race.

i like this approach!

greg

Mrsideways

Greg I'm fairly certain your car won't sneak into A. The aero points alone would lump you way out. I would suggest doing ST2 that's a simple power to weight. Your car is about 2250 with you correct? At 240whp your 9.3hp per lbs so you'd easily land in ST2 / TTS . My Math says your car can make 304whp in ST2/TTS at your weight.

obzezzed350

Damn thats a serious Mini! Matt, you're screwed!

beaner

thanks, Ian. that is about how i had figured. GTS4 would be a killer without further aero development and a much better driver.

Mrsideways

Yeah, I calculated 22 points off just the body work I could see in the picture.

Then it's got Another 19 points in just weight. + the 19 is starts with. It's a B car before you add tires or suspension or touch the engine. Maybe it'll sneak into A.... Lemme do some more math.

I remember the previous owner telling me he modified the suspension mounting points... so that's UBER points once you do that.

Mrsideways

Ok i'm at TTE/PTE + 135 points without knowing how the cage is done. That's just what I know is done to the car.

So that's A ST2/TTS car.

beaner
Damn thats a serious Mini! Matt, you're screwed!

i don't yet know Matt, but it is going to be fun.

a couple of pics.....

racecar1.jpg

racecar4.jpg

greg

getfast

That is one awesome looking MINI

Needs to be a GTS car... we need more GTS cars. Sebring late March and beyond, we should have more - I hope.

Balroks

Holy chit, go kart on crack. Looks sweet as hell, good work. Man I wanna drive it I've got about 1000 lbs on you lol, should be interesting. Deff will force me to learn better braking technique lol.

Awesome, first a national finishing Lead sled, and now a very pissed off bumble bee. Cmon Joe, you know you wanna play

beaner
Ok i'm at TTE/PTE + 135 points without knowing how the cage is done. That's just what I know is done to the car.

So that's A ST2/TTS car.

Ha! i stopped counting at about 100 pts. and flipped to the ST rules. cage ties to the front strut towers. suspension pickup points weren't moved. just roll center correction and adjustment to get a seriously lowered car back to reasonable geometry.

my goal is to win HPDE2 at Homestead! j/k. Hopefully a battlefield promotion if i don't screw up.

greg

Balroks

I got a picture in my head seeing back to the future flame trails coming off of the roval lol.

Mrsideways

So that's A ST2/TTS car.

Ha! i stopped counting at about 100 pts. and flipped to the ST rules. cage ties to the front strut towers. suspension pickup points weren't moved. just roll center correction and adjustment to get a seriously lowered car back to reasonable geometry.

my goal is to win HPDE2 at Homestead! j/k. Hopefully a battlefield promotion if i don't screw up.

greg

You missed your shot at skipping all the HPDE stuff. SCCA just had their Comp school weekend at Roebling last weekend. No prior experience needed. 3 days and $160 and you have a Comp License.

Matt and Joseph. Greg gave me a crap dyno reclass for my car in PTA with the motor swap so I'm going to try to make a whimpy turbo kit (when I mean whimpy, I just need like 3lbs of boost to hit the hp numbers for ST2) that I can take on and off real easy on it and bump it to ST2.