H1 top speeds - What are you hitting?

peterswarts

Hi Folks,

I've been trying to figure out if my current trans setup will work for me or if I'll have to mess with the gearing and/or FD. The current setup should work fine on shorter tracks. But the longer ones I think I'll have issues. I know that in my old underpowered H22 H2 engine I've hit 128 at The Glen and VIR. From here I don't have a whole lot more that I can go as I'm just into redline being geared lower. According to gear calculators, the highest theoretcial top speed I can get using my current FD and tires is 138 with the tallest 5th gear I can get. The reality of this is seems to be less unless the 5th gear I have in now is shorter then I think (or is documented). With another 60 HP coming over what I've been running, I have no idea what to expect.

I figured if I could get an idea of how fast you folks hit, I can go back to the calculator and see what combo will get me what I need. I hate to get to a long track and not be able to run because I'm just out of gear.

Thanks for the advice!

I hit 136-140 in H1 trim at Auto Club. If I gear it just for that track I am too tall at the others, so I compromise with a tad short of a FD for a good medium between all 3 tracks.

You should be fine, I would try what you have before changing FD.

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty sure we have it right now at 7800 due to me running the other H2 engine that had no valvetrain work done so we didn't want to push it. When we re-tune with the cams, springs, and retainers, I'll have it bumped up.

So it seems that I should be ok.

Thanks for the feedback!!!!