ef guys. which steering rack?

solfly

• 2 weeks later...
Quaife steering rack isn't a legal part for the series.

Oh really? I thought Benny is using one in his current car? hmmm

Doesn't matter, no one would ever protest it and have it inspected anyway.

steering rack would actually be a mod i think should get opened up (free). what does every one think? it's not like autocross where a quick rack helps a great deal, things happen relatively slow in rr and i don't think a quicker rack really is a make it or break it mod...

steering rack would actually be a mod i think should get opened up (free). what does every one think? it's not like autocross where a quick rack helps a great deal, things happen relatively slow in rr and i don't think a quicker rack really is a make it or break it mod...

In my opinion: In a series with limited rules, that becomes another "mod" that front-running cars would do since they can. Budget-minded racers wouldn't be able to afford it (or see the need, really), thereby giving a racer or team an economical advantage simply because the rules opened it up. There's a reason why spec series have so many things that cannot be changed; to keep the relative cost low for running a car built to the rules. (For the record: I'm not in favor of the whole aftermarket cam thing for B18A/B and B20B/Z for H2)