AiM High

Z06

Finally bought an AiM Dash and can't believe I wasted so much track time, along with years, w/o one. Best purchase yet.

Home track is MSRH and had Mills post a fast lap in my car. After overlaying my lap to his, I see all my mistakes. They are subtle but they add up to a slow lap. Now the tricky part is learning to duplicate urgency w/o over driving the car. Granted not driving consistently hurts.

Seat time comes in spurts for me due to schedules and broken crap. It's great when I have the time to practice. After days of practicing, it seems like one day everything clicks and that elusive laptime appears on the time sheet. And you think to yourself, "How did that just happen?" Same can be said when you haven't practiced and you feel like your working hard while driving slower. Ugh!

Now with the dash all the mysteries of driving are revealed.

Finally bought an AiM Dash and can't believe I wasted so much track time, along with years, w/o one. Best purchase yet.

Home track is MSRH and had Mills post a fast lap in my car. After overlaying my lap to his, I see all my mistakes. They are subtle but they add up to a slow lap. Now the tricky part is learning to duplicate urgency w/o over driving the car. Granted not driving consistently hurts.

Seat time comes in spurts for me due to schedules and broken crap. It's great when I have the time to practice. After days of practicing, it seems like one day everything clicks and that elusive laptime appears on the time sheet. And you think to yourself, "How did that just happen?" Same can be said when you haven't practiced and you feel like your working hard while driving slower. Ugh!

Now with the dash all the mysteries of driving are revealed.

Great, something besides Z06cool to tell me I suck...

What dash did you get?

Best learning device is something that will spit out sector deltas after each sector so you get relatively instant feedback. Looking forward to it this year, was stuck with after session review last year, which was still worth about +20 mod points (and that was w/o synch'd video, another this year addition).

I recently got my G2X working (after 3-trips in for warranty work) and I don't really know what I'm doing. Any tips for getting started reading and making changes to my driving?

@hustler...learning myself. Can your system overlay laps? If your coming to the Houston event, get with Michael Mills or a guy named Hunter. You can find them in the Tax Master garage. Very helpful people with tons of knowledge in SM all the way to Porsche Cup.

Best learning device is something that will spit out sector deltas after each sector so you get relatively instant feedback.

Traqmate's +/- bar graph stuff is even better imho. Plus its so easy in general that even this idiot can figure it out

@hustler...learning myself. Can your system overlay laps? If your coming to the Houston event, get with Michael Mills or a guy named Hunter. You can find them in the Tax Master garage. Very helpful people with tons of knowledge in SM all the way to Porsche Cup.

I'll swing by with my 1040-EZ.

Right now I plan on breaking-up some sectors, overlaying, and comparing segments to see what is fastest, where. All I have is data now, no video...after the tow vehicle and trailer I'll get something fancy for my hopeful future in CMC.