TT Classification

JasonX

I tried reading the document on what class my car would be in, but I was a little confused, so maybe someone could help me??

- What TT class am I in?

My car is a 2010 Mitsubishi Evo X GSR manual, with aftermarket tune, exhaust (no catalytic converter), larger intercooler, cold air intake, larger upper and lower intercooler pipes, coilovers (with stiffer springs), swaybars.

The rest of the car is stock OEM

Thanks!

TTA - as the car sits now.

On page #19 of the rules, you can find your baseclass:

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X GSR ('08)(AWD) TTB* 3500

From there you add up your mod pts and you get your competition class.

Baseclass: TTB* = +7 @ 3500 lbs minimum.

FI equalizer (aka turbo penalty) = +5

So you're TTB +12 pts right off the bat

There's 20 pts between classes, so you have 7 pts to spend to stay in TTB and (20+7 = ) 27 pts to spend to stay in TTA. Above that is TTS.

Max pts for you TTB is +19 total

Max pts for you TTA is +39 total

Mods Listed:

0 = ECU Tune (factored into FI penalty)

3 = TBE with modified Cat

4 = FMIC upgrade

1 = CAI & intercooler piping

5 = coilvers & springs

2 = swaybars

15 pts total --> Take your initial 12+15 = 27. So you're already in TTA. You've got 12pts left to work with if you want to compete in TTA. Not sure what tires you're running but you didn't list that out.

Edited by Guest

You've got 12pts left to work with if you want to compete in TTA. Not sure what tires you're running but you didn't list that out.

So he could run a 275 R6 (+10 compound and +1 size) or a 255 A6 (+13 compound and -1 size).

255 A6 (+13 compound and -1 size).

unless its the 255/35/18 that is dimensionally as wide as the 275/18

Edited by Guest

255 A6 (+13 compound and -1 size).

unless its the 255/35/18 that is dimensionally the same as the 275/18

It's not.... it has a far shorter sidewall; 0.3" to be exact. It's a very different tire... just sayin'.

Sorry guys, the auto responder didn't let me know there were posts to my thread.

Thanks so much for helping me get the class figured out!

I am looking at the Rockey Mountain schedule this year and I think i can make most all of the events, I just hope the car is ready in time

I am located in devner (i live down town) - so i have only been to HPR.

I want to check out PPIR and Pueblo as well.

As for tires, I am going to be running Potenza RE-11 255/35/18

I didn't think I had the points left over for R compounds so i got the potenza's

I would maybe try to take something off and try to run Hoosiers or at least an R-comp tire like R888, NT-01 or RA1. If you are going out just to have fun, then never mind. You will have a hard time competing on non R-comp tires.

Are you going to run in TTA?

As for tires, I am going to be running Potenza RE-11 255/35/18

I didn't think I had the points left over for R compounds so i got the potenza's

With a TTB baseclass, you have a 265 baseclass tire.

So your 255's will get you a 1 pt credit for being undersized.

I believe the RE-11 180 treadwear so they fall into A.4 on the tires (120-200 treadwear) tires as a +2 option.

So your tires are effectively 1 pt in total!

2-1 = 1pt

I think we had you at 27pts earlier; so you'd be at 28pts now; with 11 pts free yet. If you could wrangle up some R-comps or Hoosiers you've got some lee-way! I know a lot of people drop weight if they've got a few extra pts and don't want to spend $ on buying new parts. So that's an option too (assuming you're still power/weight legal at 8.7:1). G/L.

I would maybe try to take something off and try to run Hoosiers or at least an R-comp tire like R888, NT-01 or RA1. If you are going out just to have fun, then never mind. You will have a hard time competing on non R-comp tires.

Nonsense, the tire points are perfectly fair and any tire can win. Sorry, wrong thread.

Run Hoosiers if you going to win events and win tires or have money to burn. Run something else if not.

Ok, so be be clear - I am at exactly 12 points as it stands

11 points if I go with the RE-11's

And the r-comps are... all over the place?

Can i get r-comps for less than 12 points? (just in case the local guys rate my car a point higher for some obscure reason...)

as far as power to weight =

car is stock weight

its power is 333hp/384wtq

Ok, so be be clear - I am at exactly 12 points as it stands

11 points if I go with the RE-11's

And the r-comps are... all over the place?

Can i get r-comps for less than 12 points? (just in case the local guys rate my car a point higher for some obscure reason...)

As your car sits you have 11 points to play with.

You can change those RE-11s (+2 for tire -1 for size; total of +1) for NT-01s of the same size (+7 for tire -1 for size; total of +6) and still have 6 more points to mess around with.

If you did Hoosier R6s in the same size, add +3. 3 points to spare.

If you did Hoosier A6s in the same size, add another +3. Points maxed out.

Thanks guys!

I will be getting the r-compunds. As it seems fate wants things that way = the tire shop called this afternoon and said they were unable to order the re-11's

off to tirerack to order the nittos!

cheers!

- Jason

p.s

When are signups for rocky mountain region? I noticed the schedule is up - but its says sign up for it is closed for each location i click on... (the time trials that is)