Question on Factory Built Mustang Racecars

UKRBMW

• National Staff

Until a 997 GT3 Cup car comes out without the extra -0.4 Mod Factor and becomes the King. Remember, some of you guys have to take -0.2 to -0.4 for items like upper subframe connectors, swapping out balsa wood floors for metal, floorpan mods for exhaust clearance, and the latest is going to be for any changes in the OEM roofline (coming out in a few days). So, the minor adjustments in some of these factory cars is no greater than these adjustments. And, until this past year, who would have thought that a solid rear axle could beat anyone in ST---hats off big time to Dean......no plans for adjustments to the Factory Fords that are truly BIW's with bolt-ons.

I race in a Corvette against the Mustangs and do not have a problem with the factory built Mustangs running without a point modifier. Some of the ST rules need tweaked, this is one of them.

I hope not - your car owns 80% of the ST2/TTS track records around the country!

Greg - thanks for chiming in and clearing this up.

Don't Porsche Cup cars have windows? Maybe that is where the factor comes in since we can't run windows in ST but they allow them in a factory race car?????

Hi Ken Smith..... Out West almost all the 6 & 7-cups have removed thier windows to get some fresh air in the cabin. They're required for select racing series like Grand Am and the IMSA/Patron series, but club racers mostly remove them as it get's hot in there....

I wasn't saying it should just maybe that's why, I don't make the rule I just follow them